Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Tools

Thread: Tools

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Tools

I really want some TORX drivers tht don't break. I've busted 2 #50, a #47, and a #30 today - All Craftsman so I can replace them, when I feel like going the 20 miles down to the nearest Sears

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Shooo, the day those are created, someone's gonna make a lot of $$$! So going off this email, sounds like you had a lot of fun pulling those rollbars out, eh??
    Jack

get some Cornwell tools, you might be paying 3 times as much though, Snap-On would be my second choice

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix
    get some Cornwell tools, you might be paying 3 times as much though, Snap-On would be my second choice
    Never heard of Cornwell?? Snap-On has the same lifetime warranty - I think only if you're a professional mechanic.

I stopped by Sears on the way home and swapped them out. When it cools off a bit I'll slather on the DEET and see if I can break .. I mean ... use the new one.

Thanks, I'll look for Cornwell and see what they've got. I also need to replace my 2" bearing seperator. I think McMasters-Carr is going to get some big buck for a solid steel machined one vs. the cast one that detonated.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

No matter what brand of tools you like, there are certain tools you buy the top of the line. Some of the guys I work with think I'm crazy buying Snap-on, but most of them have SNAP-ON Torx.
    I'm not saying they can't be broken, but in our work, the SNAP-ON Torx last longer.

The bearing seperator .......... OTC has been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper
    No matter what brand of tools you like, there are certain tools you buy the top of the line. Some of the guys I work with think I'm crazy buying Snap-on, but most of them have SNAP-ON Torx.
    I'm not saying they can't be broken, but in our work, the SNAP-ON Torx last longer.

The bearing seperator .......... OTC has been around a long time.
    Thanks Thumper and welcome to the board
    I replaced the seperator with the HD version form McMasters and got some new band saw blades too.
    I found the OTC web page and will check them out. With the up coming re-build of the 360, I'm looking for a good set of mics that I can trust. I'm also looking for a good tubing bender for my shop. The JD3 and the M-tech NE5 have my attention right now. I'm not in a hurry for the bender since the boss at work said I could use the shop (plasma cutter, arc, mig, tig, lathe, mill, and a Hossfield #2 hydraulic bender with most of the dies I need), but that's 30 miles, 2 bridges and a tunnel from home. Not like walking out back to the shop

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE