Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Roller Rockers
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Roller Rockers

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

Roller Rockers

I want steel roller tip rockers for an AMC. I've been told that 1.7:1 Ford rockers will work with Chev studs and pushrods. Has anyone done or heard of this and if so, am I on the right track? I dont want aluminum.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    1.7 ford rockers are close and will work and so will chevy rockers (dont tell anyone...he he he) Although if you run a chevy rocker with a high lift cam you risk the tip falling of the valve. Ford's extremely close
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    I new about the Chev 1.6:1 rockers, and that's probably the easy way to go, But a friend of mine used them and had to grind the long side of the rocker to clear the spring.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I run Crane Gold rollers on my CJ and AMX. The ones I have are specifically made for AMC. www.fastengineparts.com also sells some AMC rollers made by Scorpion (also on ebay under seller name hd_mad_dog). If you have 74 up heads that had bridged rockers, you will need to have the area where the stud screws in machined down some, and if the pushrod holes are round, you will need guide plates to keep the rockers square. The early heads had oval pushrod holes that acted like built-in guideplates. You also need to use hardened pushrods in any application. If you have a high lift cam (over .500), you may need +.100 pushrods to have the rocker clear the spring retainer. Pushrods are the same length as SBC.
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford