Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
RE 5525 4.5 lift install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE 5525 4.5 lift install

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I love it, I just wish I had picked up some adjustable shocks with my kit, instead of the deotsch tech shocks that come with it. Anywho, glad everything turned out ok!!
    Jack

Since you brought it up...what shock would you have gone with if you were doing it over again? I upgraded to OMEs when I orderd and they shipped the DTs...OME doesn't make CJ shocks(you think they would have known this...)Anyways I am sending the DTs back tomarrow and will be shopping for shocks...Suggestions? Thanks.
    EDIT: split topic to HERE - Mudrat

J

If I was in the market today, I have haerd that the new Bilstein remote resivoir shocks are the caddilac's of shocks. If they are too pricey, I would say go for for the Rancho 9000's. Or you could just get a piece of pipe and bolt it on. I heard steel piping works really well.
    Jack

I've got about 80' of leftover 1"OD .095 wall steel tubing left think that would work? Maybe I could fab some double mounts? I'm trying to get away from the "deadaxle" feel. I was actually looking at the Bilsteins...you think the remotes (5150s)are worth the extra coin over the 5100 series? Thanks again.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man
    Since you brought it up...what shock would you have gone with if you were doing it over again? ... and will be shopping for shocks...Suggestions? Thanks.

J
    Good question, maybe we should make it a poll? I'm back in the 'shock market' myself.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hey Rat,
    Only problem I see with that is everyone has different ideas about the perfect shock...I want mine to ride like a Caddy on road and not impede flex off. Perhaps I will start a nre thread...a most excellent idea sir.

J

Hey Tin, unless you do dessert running type stuff, I would stick with the 5100's. If your type of four wheeling is the type where the shocks are gonna heat up, then I would say go for the 5100's. I have never riden on these, but i have heard lots of great things about them and never any negative feed back.
    Hope this might help,
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Hey Tin, unless you do dessert running type stuff, I would stick with the 5100's. If your type of four wheeling is the type where the shocks are gonna heat up, then I would say go for the 5100's. I have never riden on these, but i have heard lots of great things about them and never any negative feed back.
    Hope this might help,
    Jack

So what you saying is that if I like apples better than oranges I should stick with oranges?

I got your point but...I just had to....sorry.

J