Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
MSD vs DUI ignition
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD vs DUI ignition

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

MSD vs DUI ignition

What are the pro's and con's of each ignition system and does anyone have any first hand use experience with each?
    Jack

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    I have run MSD's on Chevy engines and my Brothers 4cyl YJ. Seems to make an improvement. I have thought about doing it on my CJ as well. It is definatly a much higher spark that stock.

My dad just stuck a DUI in his 304. We have not started the motor yet. It is a nice set up though. It only needs 1 power wire running to it jeverything else is self contained. I know he did research on both I will talk to him tonight about why he decided on DUI over MSD

-paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Cool, thanks paul! I really like the MSD and have heard nothing but rav's about it, but I am really interested in the DUI. Just seems to like it would simplify things under the hood of a rig I am gonna be on the trail with. Any input on what he thinks would be awesome!
    Jack

MSD BOX AND DIST

I run the msd off road box and love it . The motor seems to have more power and starts alot easier , but there is one thing to watch for . If you have any problems with over charging like i did it blew the box in about a week ! Unfortuneatly no warranty as it was over a year old !

just my two cents worth
    cj7 360 roller motor 291c heads np435 dana300 4-1 plus northwest fab 2.72 black box, currie hi pinion 9 inch front and currie rock jock dana60 rear,38 inch tsls custom shackle reversal and a little bit of rust lol

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    I have had the MSD box, Blaster Coil, Pro-Billet Distributor and Wires on my 79 401 CJ-7 for 5 years and have not had one problem. I am very pleased with the performance.

Having said that, if I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with DUI simply for the ease of hook up. (A lot less clutter under the hood)

Just my two-cent's worth.

I ran a Jacobs on my Chebby 2500 and it did well (~+2mpg). I took it off and boxed it up before I traded the truck if anybody wants it, PM me.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

dui

are Dui distributors C.A.R. B approved ???????
    2007 durango
    79 cj7 401 t-18 488 s lockers both ends 35 s
    97 F350 crewcab 4x4 power stroke banks equipped. just added the exh. brake. I LUV MY TRUCK
    94 WRANGLER
    90 WRANGLER BASKET CASE

Dunno - I wasn't listed on their FAQ page either
    http://www.performancedistributors.com/

Mud
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I have the MSD offroad box, rev limiter, MSD distributor, MSD TFI coil upgrade and TFI Wires. I love the set up. It works great. I can shoot a flame out of my coil to my fender. It sets about 3"s from the fender.
    William Lockridge
    Built AMC 370

Quote Originally Posted by ibejeepin
    I have the MSD offroad box, rev limiter, MSD distributor, MSD TFI coil upgrade and TFI Wires. I love the set up. It works great. I can shoot a flame out of my coil to my fender. It sets about 3"s from the fender.
    Cool thing to have since the 4th is comming up - but is it 50 state approved??

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE