Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Which AMC car do you have? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Which AMC car do you have?

Too bad you're so far away, I need a windshield, and the top part of the steering column-the part with the ignition switch. Some retard did this:
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Well I could jerk the whole column and send it. I only have 1 ignition key though ... The windshield would be a bit trickier.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Is it tilt? How much $, do you think?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Thanks for the comments. Just so you are aware, the 86 & newer steering columns are different. They will machanically fit, but the high beam switch and wiper controls are in the turn signal group instead of seperate switches on the dash and floor. So, you would have wiring challenges to change it out with the newer column.

Do those newer columns use GM style wiper and high beam switches then?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT

1980 AMC Concord DL 4 Door (Little old couple car)

1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport -- at the moment just 1K shy of its first 100K -- pretty much my daily driver. Pic was taken before I got the rear suspension back up to where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    Do those newer columns use GM style wiper and high beam switches then?
    Probably so, I replaced my CJ's with a GM version tilt - but my wipers and lights are on the dash, dimmer is still on the floor. I just got my daughters tilt column tonight - it has the delayed wipers and washer wand - I'll check the P/N of the switch and see if it crosses to a GM #
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I kinda like the wiper/dimmer controls in the '80's Chevy trucks, I like the idea of converting.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT

Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I kinda like the wiper/dimmer controls in the '80's Chevy trucks, I like the idea of converting.
    Well then I'll pull the whole column to the first joint, not even sure if the lower shaft to the steering box is there
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Welcome IowaEagle!!! We ahve a few folks on here with Eagles!!! I think your the first one with a Concord though
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE