Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Which AMC car do you have? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Which AMC car do you have?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    That concord would make a perfect sleeper.....

I have always thought the same. A V8 crossmember and a nice V8 -- thinking 360.

I own a 69 343 4spd AMX with a 69 390 with a big cam and 3.15 cogs, best time to date is a 13.80 at 103 with serious BFG frying. That was also run before I put the right flywheel in it (had a 343 flywheel) I also added electronic ignition, and 2.5 flowmaster exhaust to the mufflers with an H pipe and 2.25 the rest of the way to look stock. Plans are to have it in the body shop by March or April and it'll get painted the original Hunter Green with white Go Pack stripes. I just bought the 70 and haven't had a chance to touch it yet, but plans are to build a contender in the Nastalgia Musclecar NMCA races. My younger brother also owns a 71 401 4spd AMX non-air, non ram air, Mustard yellow car. He bought it for 750 bucks because it had an engine fire and the 401 was long gone. Alas my dad had just parted out his 82 Cherokee that had none other than a 71 401 out of an AMX! It now sports a rebuilt 401 with a mild cam and headers. SAWEEEET car!
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Here's a couple pictures of my stuff, none of my brother' AMX though.

I moved the link to the "Show us your ride" space.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

I have a 77 j20 and a 74 Gremlin that's getting a 401. Also converting an 82 SX4 into 2wd with a 360 to go circle track racing. I am hunting a 70 Rebel machine, copper, that's been sitting for at least 8 years, and I am also after a 68-9 Javelin, might be 2 here locally. Someday, I'd love to own an SC/Rambler, Rebel Machine, AMX, and a Hornet SC/360. Hey, we can dream right?
    "He'll squish you like a pea! What do you wanna be, soup?" -my 5 year old daughter

Good luck with your collection. sounds like you have some nice ones already.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

PKzJavelin

3 Jav's

72 SST 360 4bbl Came stock with a coulmn shift. rebuilt inter with a 73
    seats, cosole shift, stearing column.this car soon to get 401.
    73 AMX Z code car needs restore also has pearre cardan inter code but i do not have inter parts. this car will end up with the 360 above.
    72 SST 304 My 1st Jav. now a parts car.
    I have had 2 other 73's that I have parted out and have the parts all over the house. finders, doors, hoods,trunk lids etc.
    The 72's are My Favorits!

Awesome! I've grown quite fond of that body style since my brother bought his 71 Z code car.

Doesn't it just grind your gears when someone who doesn't know any better say "hey man nice mustang!" I freakin hate that!!!!
    I even had people call my Trans Am a camero! And it had the firebird decals all over it! I just don't understand it. And when you correct them they say whatever. I just shake my head and bite my lip because you can't help their ignorance.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

I've actually had people ask me what year Camaro my '73 AMX is. I just tell them it is a one-off prototype.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho