Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Tell the group about yourself

Wow long list.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by mkzmomo
    hahaha good one Mudrat, just dont say your real name they dont care
    Yeah, well sometimes *crap* happens and Rollen rats me out
    now i would never rat ya out. might send ya up the river with a small paddle but not rat ya out
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Hey everybody, my name is Eric. I'm a junior mechanical engineering major at Virginia Tech and a big Jeep guy. I have a 1990 YJ with SOA and 35s. I'm being given an AMC 360 for free and I can't wait to learn. I have never really worked on engines before except for oil changes and a little bit of trouble shooting when I blew the head gasket in my YJ. My plan with the 360 is to use it to learn how to build a motor by tearing it down and building it the way I want it. And eventually it will replace the 258. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Eric

welcome Hoki06

good luck with that motor and take your time, I'm in the process of rebuilding my first one too you will love it !

Hi Hoki06

As our college from Quebec said take your time. Be clean, methodical and think 4 parts ahead As you delve into the block make sure it worth rebuilding before you start buying any parts. If you spend a grand on pistons, cam, etc and then find the block is cracked - well, you have bigger headaches.

When you start putting the pieces together, think about how they all need to work together and make sure alignments and rotations are correct -putting on a cam gear/chain out of alignment (and not realizing it) will lead to serious frustration when you try and start the motor and can't figure out why. Then you get to break it all back down and start over on the front side. And remember; on AMC V8's the firing Order is: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 with the distributor rotation being Clockwise starting wihth the drivers side cylinder numbering (front to back) : 1 3 5 7. Not that ANY body ever wired a 360 backwards

You'll be fine-just let us know how it's going and ask ANY question you may have. We've all been there at one time or another. 'Rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Roger here. Not much in to the jeep side but in to amc for a long time. I race a gremlin that I bought in 1973. I met MC at cordova in 2007. I won no box and got runner-up in amc eliminator. My gremlin is a 1972 factory 304 that was orderd with 4.11 gear no power steering factory disc brakes. Now a 401 that has run a best 10.57 @ 127.I have a lot of other amc cars.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amccar
    My gremlin is a 1972 factory 304 that was orderd with 4.11 gear no power steering factory disc brakes. Now a 401 that has run a best 10.57 @ 127.I have a lot of other amc cars.
    Welcome Roger

How about a post (of all your cars) in the pic section?
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Thanks. I am new at this computer and learning.I will take some pics as soon as I can. For those of you that went to cordova you might rember my gremlin. It was the orange one that won no box and runner-up for eliminator.

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    Zip here (aka.zbd) just found the forum while searching for info on what would be the best vacuum location to hookup to for a brake booster upgrade on my slightly modified '80 CJ7 (pics posted in another section)

Quote Originally Posted by zip
    Zip here (aka.zbd) just found the forum while searching for info on what would be the best vacuum location to hookup to for a brake booster upgrade on my slightly modified '80 CJ7 (pics posted in another section)

welcome to our insane asylum for AMC/JEEP nuts.
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962