Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Tell the group about yourself - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell the group about yourself

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Seriously? Want to go shootin' one day? I went shooting with a friend back in college out on his farm. What a blast, we shot all kinds of crap that he and his step father had collected over the years. He also taught me a lot about gun safety as well. The best was this BIG ARSE rifle (bullets were about 3.5" to 4" long) that had a ~70 round barrell clip on it and a spring on the back of the trigger. He also had some other ones that I questioned the legality of, but of course those were the REALLY fun ones. Needless to say my sholder was sore that night. Of course we easily blew over a hundred bucks in ammo, also!
    Jack
    It'll cost you some wrench time since I can't seem to get you hre anyother way I have 'enough stuff' to keep us occupied.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

went to a very small town in nevada and for the 4th of july i made
    a concoction that was passed on to me from a great uncle who blew up
    bunkers or anything else patton needed blown up. no traces of the victim
    or the bunker but when i made it we buried it 30 ft under a dry lake
    and after shooting lots of illegal fireworks i set off the stump remover!
    big mushroom cloud and a 30ft deep by 100 ft wide hole was left we also unloaded around 4000 rounds of 7.62x39 thru
    a mac-90, sks, and a real ak-47 that my uncle gave me for my 10th
    b-day gotta love an automatic!
    later,rollen
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

that is one of the perks of being an instructor you get to use all the weapons and you have profiency ammo for them all and it is legal and all within regs. those are my assigned weapons not personall, you want M203 buy the 37mm in shotgun news take a peek and see what I mean. besides light machineguns get boring that is why i enjoy black powder weapons myself. it is also fun building and repairing all these weapons also.
    88 Jeep
    360/727
    Project/moneypit

My friends, I believe that this is the reason god created women, to keep guys from blowing themselves up. Damn I wish I had been there for that nice mushroom cloud. A friend and I made a stick of stuff back in early high school called (I could be wrong) HMTD. That stuff blew a nice little crater in the ground and sent out a nice little shock wave through the neighborhood. Maybe we shouldn't have set it off RIGHT behind our neighborhood....
    Jack

maybe you should have went alittle farther down the block
    i only used enough to level about 1/4 of a block
    gotta make it on the spot in the hole and don't screw it up or there
    won't be enough of ya for ants to find
    later,rollen
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Hi guys, I'm P700 aka Chris from Northwest Ohio. I'm currently building a 79 CJ5 from the gound up. I bought a custom frame from Matkins and painted it with three coats of POR-15.a deluxe fiberglass body,4 inch lift,polished alloy Eagle wheels (15X10)mounted with Mickey Thompson 33" Baja radials. It will be powered by a professionally built AMC 360 that will be pushing 300 HP with a T-176 4 speed and Dana 300 t-case. I'm thinking about putting Dana 44 axles under it and could use some guidance in that area. I used to do alot of mudding,but now there isn't anywhere close to go so this will be a show Jeep. The cool thing is I hope to build it pretty,but also able to kick ass if need be.

Hello P700!! Welcome to the delinquents ... er ... ah D-links :-)
    Sounds like your doing the right things - but a T-176 behind that much HP may prove to be your weak link if you rod it at all. D44's will have a different bolt pattern than your stock axles - just did that swap myself. Stock is 5x5.5 and my 44's are 6x5.5. (mid-80s cheby).

The D-300 will hold up though

Show truck Bummer

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I knew I would catch grief for the show Jeep,but I have nowhere to play and it will be a nice eye catcher to cruise around with my wife in.
    What tranny would you recommend? I know the T18 is the best,but that is like finding a 401,and the gearing in the T-150 isnt the best for highway use.
    I'm going to try and use the D-44's out of an 89 Cherokee will this work,and I was wondering if you could get 5 on 5.5 axles for the D-44's.
    Yeah, I always have to do things the hard way. That is why I'm in this room.

Quote Originally Posted by P700
    I knew I would catch grief for the show Jeep,but I have nowhere to play and it will be a nice eye catcher to cruise around with my wife in.
    What tranny would you recommend? I know the T18 is the best,but that is like finding a 401,and the gearing in the T-150 isnt the best for highway use.
    I'm going to try and use the D-44's out of an 89 Cherokee will this work,and I was wondering if you could get 5 on 5.5 axles for the D-44's.
    Yeah, I always have to do things the hard way. That is why I'm in this room.
    Well, you have a concept "show Jeep",
    Have you done a plan yet? (list what you want it to have)
    Evaluate what you want with what works - sounds like you've started eng/tranny/t-case/axles - don't forget the wiring harnes and the added goodies to make it <gasp>LOOK good <sigh> R U sure you want a gear box over a slush box tranny? Lot'sa automatics out there that fit the AMC bolt pattern . . .

Check the "for sale" board here and other Jeep Boards for parts. If you can help a fellow Jeeper off-load some inventory that's better than buying from corporate America in my opinion.

MC or Fuzz will have the answer to the Cherokee axel and somebody has a T-18 they aren't using I'm sure...

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hello all. I am iqsr2 aka Stan I am from Texas. I am a fire fighter and I have started house painting again on the side (due to the waggy addiction). I have a 83 waggy bone stock i have not done anything to it yet. yet being the magic word. I plan to drive it on the street with some weekend wheeling, so there will be some repairing upgraiding and modification going on.
    []|||||||[]
    Its a Jeep Thing ....You Would'nt Understand ...