Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Frame question?

Thread: Frame question?

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Frame question?

Ashley's 80' CJ5 is going to turn into a CJ8.

The frame is beefed up so well that I am going to use the frame for the Scrambler.

Where would I cut the frame to achieve this, I need inches back from the front of the frame.

How long am I to make the piece to lengthen the frame?

Anybody done this before, any hints/best way to go about it?

Thanks,
    RollBar
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Mudrat knows about this as he has stretched a cj7 before.. I would cut it in the middle of the jeep just past the skid plate mounting holes
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Maybe Mudrat can chime in here.

Behind the plate, would that be the proper location for the length & would the mounting holes line up?

I'll have to do some research on it?????????????????
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Hopefully, These specs will help

VS

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thanks Paul, so basically "H" & "S" would have to be changed besides the body mounts, that's the way I see it.

Or

Maybe I can weld channel on the existing frame & BEEF it up more to handle the H.P. of the 360 from Ashley's Jeep.

What would be a good way to reinforce the frame & where?

Do you want it to flex alittle to prevent cracking the frame?

Thanks,
    RollBar
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Well I started with an 8 and made it an 8+18" (CJ8 with ~18 inches added just in fron of the roll bar behind the skid). But look at the spec sheet and start from BEHIND the skid mounts. If u use C-channel make sure you box it. the rest of the frame cannot have any rust that would weaken it, otherwise it should hand the HP no problem. If your still worried about where the motor mounts are, you can get the M.O.R.E. frame plates that go from the front bumper back to the first body mount. Use Urathane bushings on the tranny/t-case and you wll need to get/make a longer rear drive shaft.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE