Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
Frank, are you saying an off engine filter system (mounted on the fenderwell or where ever)? And your using synthetic lubricants? As for "This board" I'm not sure we've ever dicussed off engine purifiers. We did discuss at some length pre-oilers though. The ones to pump up the oil pressure before you crank the motor. Not really cost effective for what we do though ...

Mudrat
Yea, I'm currently running a MotorGuard unit with toilet paper rolls. I mounted it on the passenger fender well. I would really like to get some AMC oil from MC, but it's a little beyond my pocket book with all this import thing.. So, I'm going to switch my oil to ExxonMobil Delvac 1 10W40 full synthetic for year round use, I'm still on my first oil change after initial rebuild startup oil dump.. I have about 100 hours on the engine now.. I also run an oil cooler from Permacool (the 250HP model).. All full flow filters only do a fair job at cleaning your oil, the smaller particles that cause wear are not filtered really well, a bypass filter in my book at 80$ and a toilet paper roll of 50 cents per month is not a choice, it's a must. Where I do my fourwheeling is mostly very dusty and in mud swamps sometimes just below the headlights.. I'd say this is a very harsh environment for an engine.. Of course, you also need a good air filter. I like the fact that the TP roll will take some water out of the oil too.. I run about 8 quarts of oil with my current setup as opposed to the normal 5..