Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Which brand oil filter Should I use????????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which brand oil filter Should I use????????

Which brand oil filter Should I use????????

I read some where that fram oil filters were to fine and would result in dirty oil being released back into the engine.

TIA
    Stan
    []|||||||[]
    Its a Jeep Thing ....You Would'nt Understand ...

All I use is Wix. All my place of employment uses is Wix. Going on 48 years now, so I guess something is going right. Wix is good, Napa gold is Wix and also so is the Carquest Blue packaging. Mobil 1 and K&N's seem to be good too (used those on an Eagle Talon TSI)

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Yup WIX
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

yea fram is crap ,there have been many test done and they all came back the same ...fram=crap i third the vote for napa silver or napa gold or if you can find a straight up WIX brand thats the same as napas who are made by wix there in gastonia n.c. and minimum i would use is purolator there not to bad

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Fram is crap... Yep.
    I have a Wix on my new 401. Not sure where my father-n-law got it. I bought STP filters for the engine job and destroyed one when we had to change oil pressure sender to 88 style after it was in the truck. So, he handed me the Wix. Not sure how well the STP models hold up to Wix. AC is good too tho.

yea i mainly use a/c filters on my gm stuff ,dunno why just habit ..lol

Gotta throw in another for Wix. Best filter out there by far.
    Women, can't live with them, can't kill em...

Wix to hard to get in my area, I use Hastings. Also recommended by the Amsoil folks.

I definitely found that my oil didn't look the best with Fram even aftert 500 or so miles. Ive been urged to use AMS OIL in a dual filter system for my trucks. Its suposed to go for 100k between changes
    SPREAD IT ON!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    TRACTOR NO!

If they are saying 100K without a oil filter change they are filling you with hops and barley....maybe 10K but that is pushing it....bigtime
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689