Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Current Set Up
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Set Up

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

Current Set Up

Whats your current setup? do you have any near changes?

Current Setup
    My Cj is a 360/t18/d20 M20 rear axle, with 1 piece axles, stock front 30. 3.31 gears

Suspension is only an add-a-leaf currently.
    and tires are 33x12.5 Procomps

Future Upgrades:

I am on a quest for a new set of axles. I am thinking scout 44's. I have a set of 35" MTRs and Beadlocks at home. For suspension I am going to do SOA with Waggy springs and extend my wheelbase a little. At the same Time I have another Tub I need to get ready to swap on.

I will have a post of my build up once I get it started

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I'm currently running 360/T-18/Scout Dana300, 2 Dana 44 axles w/4.27 gears and full Detroits in both. It's SOA and shackle reversed on 1.5" lift YJ springs. Rancho 9000 shocks on custom mounts. With TJ flares I put on 37" MT/Rs without rubbing.

Upgrades coming are 4.88 gears, which I already have but haven't found time to install. I also have a Dana 60-2 rear (semi floater with 1.5", 35 spline axles, 5 on 5.5" pattern). It will go in once it's narrowed, geared, locked, and disc braked.

The only changes from this pic is the addition of TrailReady Beadlocks.
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    The CJ
    - the mighty 258, ported & polished, Cliffordized and Webberized, Tremec 5 spd, D300, D44 chebby axles w/4 wheel disc's, 4.56 lockers SOA with 3" Skyjacker lift and BFG 35 MTRs

The YJ
    - stock 258 (for now), Some type auto (don't know if it's a 904/999 or ??), NP231 with SYE & Tom Woods rear shaft, 35C up front and something in the back?? 4" rancho lift, and BFG 33" AT's.

The YJ may be getting my old (rebuilt) M20 and D30 axles and a D300 case I just got. (or I'll build this case witht he 4:1 kit and move my current D300 in behind the tranny?? (spline counts??)

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat

The YJ
    - stock 258 (for now), Some type auto (don't know if it's a 904/999 or ??), NP231 with SYE & Tom Woods rear shaft, 35C up front and something in the back?? 4" rancho lift, and BFG 33" AT's.

The YJ may be getting my old (rebuilt) M20 and D30 axles and a D300 case I just got. (or I'll build this case witht he 4:1 kit and move my current D300 in behind the tranny?? (spline counts??)

Mudrat
    35c must be very custom up front....But that is most likely what you have in the rear. and dana 30 up front.

Spline count on the dana 300 I think is 23spline??? not positive though

-paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

35C is what's in the web on the front (with the vacuum disconnect). The rear is round like a 20, but I can't read the tag or see any numbers on the pumpkin. That's why I'm thinking of swaping them out for what I know and the 3.31 gears will help with the 33's

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    35C is what's in the web on the front (with the vacuum disconnect). The rear is round like a 20, but I can't read the tag or see any numbers on the pumpkin. That's why I'm thinking of swaping them out for what I know and the 3.31 gears will help with the 33's

Mudrat
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    How about this link to help? http://www.g-body.org/tnt/diffs/diff-housings.php[/url]
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

76 cherokee with 360, T18, Dana 20, 2.5 lift, 3.73 f/r axles out of J20 with 285/75/16 mud and snows. Future changes
    J20 cab and front fenders on cherokee frame
    conversion to propane fuel
    SOA front, River beasts shackle flip rear
    flat bed
    exoskeleton cage/ladderrack
    fender well exit headers with duel stacks
    scout twin stick dana 20

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    Thanks, that's a good start, and bookmarked - wish it had some axle markings to help ID them though.

Wasn't feeling good when I got home today so took a nap - I'll be crawling under there tomorrow to scrape crud and take a closer look at both ends. Also have to rebuild the rear harness on the YJ - new lights don't work and if you caught up on my trials and tribulations, this is the Jeep that blew a hole in the fuze block.

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Mudrat, what year is the YJ, I have a book I can look it up in for you.

The rear should be the Dana 35C, it is rounder like a D20. The front should be a D30, with the vacuum disconnect.

Erik