Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Current Set Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Set Up

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbst
    Mudrat, what year is the YJ, I have a book I can look it up in for you.

The rear should be the Dana 35C, it is rounder like a D20. The front should be a D30, with the vacuum disconnect.

Erik
    Thaks Eric, you are correct on the 30/35C. I haven't been feeling good the last few days - something I ate I'm sure, but I got under there again and took a look. Now if I can keep the front and back ends in the right location I'll know which axle is supposed to be where

It's an 87 YJ and **stard year as far as I can tell.
    Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    late 80/81 CJ7 titled as a 1960 for smog so i cant remember any more.

35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Eagle 589's (wish i had 15x8's)

4.5" Rubicon Express Wrangler Rear springs in the rear and Rear CJ springs for the front. The rears have 1 extra leaf for added capacity
    SUA (I tried SOA i think i'll just wheel whats easy and bolt on this time)

D44/60 w/ 5 on 5.5 35 spline rear
    Power loks setup kinda a little more tight by me
    4.88's
    Scout disks and knuckles front Exploder Drums rear

NV4500 Dodge diesel tranny with dodge gas 23 spline output and short chevy input. AA bellhousing AMC to NV4500 Using factory Hydraulic clutch linkage
    Centerforce Clutch

D300 (Stock 2.62:1)
    (Hoping to add the Novak short HD output kit and 1330 yoke)
    Looking to do 1330 yokes and joints all around F&R

Oh yeah almost forgot
    AMC 401 .30 virgin ....not fired ..... yet
    9.8:1
    Howards .479 lift, 222@.50 dur, 292 adv dur 114 lobe sep.
    Using 14 year old Doug Thorleys (must say something for quality)
    Ordering Edelbrock EFI kit

Spent enough money this year trying to keep it simple though.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    Spent enough money this year trying to keep it simple though.
    As our former President 'Slick Willie' once said, "Define IT?"

Sounds like you've got a heck of a rig there!!

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Thank you, i hope so, tried to plan well and collect parts for the last 4 years, i kinda like keeping it mild-moderate in appearance close to stock width ect not 2 flashy and then having a sleeper under the hood lets see it run this year now that she has been down for 1 and 1/2.

Make her fairly trail capable (Fordyce, Barrett and Rubicon) and yet not a trailer queen.

IT-

Defined as
    No stereo, deck nothing - yet
    No new paint- that doe went to EFI better spend
    No Bling Bling rock sliders (Angle iron instead)
    No Bling Bling anything on the outside- Looks like im not going to be scoring / picking up any chicks fromt he looks of my sun bleeched rig
    No Eaton Locker in the front (But i want, i want ) Ploks is cheap $100 or less
    Working on finding a Passenger seat for nothing.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

my current setup isn't much, but it wheels surprisingly well

1980 Cherokee, stock up front, 2.5" blocks in back, 44 front, Corp 20 rear, 258, T176, NP208 Hi Tec Retreading 31

Plans for it are as follows:
    SOA/shackle flip kit from TT fabworks(I think that's what they are calling themselves) 1 ton axles, fender trimming, and 35s
    Acceleration, what's that?

80 Cherokee, 258/T-176/NP208/Dana 44 front/AMC20 Rear

84 Grand Wagoneer, 258/TF999/NP229/44/20

My thinking is old school, short, narrow, light and moderate lift. The hardest worked equipment on my Jeep is the skid plates. I have a 1971 CJ-5, V-6 (w/ headers, 390 Holley 4 barrel and a MSD ignition), T-18 narrow ratio 4spd, 18 transfer case, Warn O.D., 27 front differential w/ 4.88's and a Detroit locker, 44 30 spline rear w/ 4.88's and a Detroit locker, 11" drum brakes and Goodyear MT/R's 33x12.50 siped on MT 8"alloy rims.

I have been collecting parts, Ramsey PTO winch,30 front differential, new AGR power steering,and if I can find a input shaft I'm going to install a Scout T-19 wide ratio trans.,so when the snow flies I,m going to stoke up the wood stove in my shop and start wrenching.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    whitelightning, sounds like a nice little setup. I should be riding shotgun in one next weekend set up very similiar to yours.
    Trailbst on the board has one. I believe he has his OD off not so he could run the PTO

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

pyagid, I have the name of a supplier for an adapter that adapts the Warn/Saturn O.D. to the Ramsey PTO, if Trailbst needs one.

Kent

Whitelightning, it's not the adapter that I need. When I went from the T14 to the WIDE ratio T-18, the spline count changed on the output shaft. I didn't have the correct bullgear for the O.D. Of course, since I'm not speaking with my father right now, all of that stuff is with him, so I'm quite content on not having the O.D. right now. I don't do enough street driving to need it anyhow. It would be cool to have to split gears and have 5 shift levers in the Jeep, but not willing to talk to my dad yet or spend the cash for a new one.

If your T-18 is a narrow ratio, sounds like you found one of the rare 70/71 CJs with a stock V-6 and 4 spd combo.

If you need help with the PTO let me know. I can take pics for you and offer any advice that I can give.

For the adapter, are you talking about Herm the Overdrive Guy. I've talked with him on the phone a bunch, and am planning on buying one of his Power steering setups that works with the PTO in place.

Talk to you later.

Erik

HMMM, just realized that i hadn't posted my current set-up.

It goes something like this.

1971 CJ-5
    Buick 225 Oddfire Dauntless V-6, with headers (they are going bye-bye when I get my powersteering)
    Wide ratio BW T-18
    Dana 18 transfer case, converted to twin stick
    Dana 27 Front axle 3.73:1, soon to be NT Dana 30
    Dana 44 Rear axle 3.73:1, Flanged, 30 spline, with Aussie Locker
    PTO winch
    6 Point rollcage
    Rancho 2.5" lift
    35" BFG A/Ts
    Flat-Fendered

Here is what it looks like:

Things to come:

Holbrook Specialties Long Leafs supsension. Longer than stock leafs= more flex and smoother ride.

Power Steering by Herm the Overdrive Guy. This will allow me to keep my PTO. It's a reverse mounted Saginaw steering setup, it won't interfere with my PTO shaft. Once I do this, the steering column will be different and then I can get rid of my headers and put my Jeepster stock exhaust manifolds on. No more loose header bolts, lots quieter.

So that is my current setup, and some of the things I plan on doing, maybe next month.

Erik