Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Current Set Up

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    i kinda figured you might want to try some rattler instead of fish the desert has more places to play at and have
    a few
    Gigi eats rattler, the kids haven't tried it yet. Gigi and I used to go to the desert a couple times a month when we lived in SDGO. Glamis, Otay Mesa, out towards Yuma air base - watching night bombing runs by F-14s and 18's is cool.

Mudrat
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Well I am finally getting around to posting my crawler.

79 CJ5
    Propane Powered 258
    T18 Transmission
    Dana20 Tcase
    AMC 20 rear diff with quiicklock and 1 piece axles-3:53
    Dana 30 front diff with quicklock and ProComp Hubs-3:53
    2.5" Rancho Spring Lift
    2" Body Lift
    33" Goodyears

Quote Originally Posted by Atransman
    Well I am finally getting around to posting my crawler.

79 CJ5
    Propane Powered 258
    T18 Transmission
    Dana20 Tcase
    AMC 20 rear diff with quiicklock and 1 piece axles-3:53
    Dana 30 front diff with quicklock and ProComp Hubs-3:53
    2.5" Rancho Spring Lift
    2" Body Lift
    33" Goodyears
    Got a red X from your pic link and when Itried it buy itself got a, "Not Found.
    The requested URL was not found on this server. "
    Propane 258 ... Like to see more about that. I'll have a rebuildable block next month - after I finish the 360 for my CJ, and swap my 258 into Erin's YJ.

Mudrat
    " 的t is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

That works!

Is it dual fuel of strictly LPG?
    What is that on the P-side in front of the batt? The pressure regulator?
    How's it run? Anything you would do differently?

Mudrat
    Man of many questions
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    That works!

Is it dual fuel of strictly LPG? Straight LPG

What is that on the P-side in front of the batt? That is the heat exchanger

The pressure regulator? That is on the side

How's it run? FLAWLESS

Anything you would do differently? Not a thing

Mudrat
    Man of many questions

The ONLY downside of ruunning straight LPG is fuel capacity. The tank I use will hold 18 gallons of propane. I ran around Calico all day on half a tank. For long trips I will carry 2 additional 10 gallon tanks in a trailer so I can refill as needed.

The ONLY downside of ruunning straight LPG is fuel capacity. The tank I use will hold 18 gallons of propane. I ran around Calico all day on half a tank. For long trips I will carry 2 additional 10 gallon tanks in a trailer so I can refill as needed.
    Where do you fill up at? Or are there 'gas' stations around you? We have a propane dealer down the street (not open weekends/holidays) and a U-Haul up the street (not open Sunday's and most holidays). I see this as the major drawback here in VA.

Thanks for the info

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

There are many places to refill at around here. Since I only use the CJ for offroad it really isn't an issue with me. Besides, one of my good friends works for a large propane company, right before a run he brings the company truck home and refills all my tanks. And the price is right too ;)!

There are many places to refill at around here. Since I only use the CJ for offroad it really isn't an issue with me. Besides, one of my good friends works for a large propane company, right before a run he brings the company truck home and refills all my tanks. And the price is right too ;)!
    Sweeeeet! =D>
    Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

hello new to the site heres my set up

95 jeep xj had a 4.0 in it and a 7" lift with 33 now it is all tore up in my shop it's getting a 360 with 400 trans and a doubler. the rear is a 9.25 dodge and the front is a 44 dodge from the same truck both will be getting 4.88 gears and lockers (money is low when you have 4 kids running around) o and it will be running on propane here are some pics.

the jeep before it got tore apart
    http://www.highboyz4x4.com/gallery/v...40&id=Mvc_005s

the 9.25
    http://www.highboyz4x4.com/gallery/v...ss&id=MVC_007S
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8
    2008 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3 V8 (wife's)