Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
From the hot rodding archives how to keep bearing from spinn

Thread: From the hot rodding archives how to keep bearing from spinn

From the hot rodding archives how to keep bearing from spinn

Many years ago I picked up a book called how to hotrod engines. They built every engine avaiable at that time in doing so they gave tips that couold be used with any engine no mater what the make. This was so bizarre it has stuck with me so here comes the disclaimer ("I have never done this so I don't know if it is true or not!!!!!") but here it goes. If you want to keep your bearing from spining go to the drugstore and get some pure lanolin, as most of you know lanolin come from wool and is very slippery. But like with other things when it gets hot it's chemical make up changes and it becomes a very hard glue which according to the author is capable of helping keep your bearing from spinning. I hope this helps those of you who are pushing the envelope on your engines.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

Look, get some acetone and clean everything before assembly. Install the bearings before lubing to keep from spinning a bearing.

Spun bearings are caused from the lack of oil flow or improper assembly practices.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Running lanolin is scary to me as I cant imagine it would burn evenly and might cause a out of round bearing landing. ...not sure on this I can only speculate
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Hello.

Some of the better aftermarket rods have small dowell pins to hold the bearings. I think I have seen blocks with that done as well. I can't think of a better way to keep a bearing in place. Would cost a fairly good chunk of change, I'm sure.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24