Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"New" Dana 44?

Thread: "New" Dana 44?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

"New" Dana 44?

Sounds like an interesting idea . . . wonder what the mechnical fuze will be? You know the cheap part that is designed to break??
    A Dana 44 ARB With 35 Splines

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I would like to try a set of thoses for free, let me make it official.

I RollBar will offer my services to have installed a set of the new prototype D-44 axles as mentioned in the article above for a period of 50 yrs. , if said axle malfunctions @ anytime the MFG will replace the axle(s) free of charge labor included.

How's that, sounds pretty good.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    a dana 44 is a light duty axle , you take it and add bigger axles shaft , get rid of the wek spider, you still have a marginal pinion and ring gear......hmmmm
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

So should I stey w/the AMC 20 w/one piece's or go w/the D-60 F/R on the CJ8?

Don't the D-60's hang low?

I want to try to save $$$ & then add the axles later if I could but I don't think the D-30 will go up to a 3.73 gear.

Trying to keep it as close to AMC & the years as I can, I know they didn't offer a V8 on the 8's but I can't let this one sit on the shelf.

I have someone who has a set of Scout D-44's F/R, should I use'em?

Thanks,
    Jim
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

The D-44's will fit with some mods, and so will a 304CI and bigger block (been there, done that). I added 18 inches to it too, so ANYTHING is possible

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Holy Mackrel, What's it on a early Bronco frame?
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    Holy Mackrel, What's it on a early Bronco frame?
    Nah, it's all CJ8 and American Steel in silver metal flake gunmetal gray My (then) Bro-in-law made Limos in Clearwater, FL (Seitler Automotive) and I traded a red CJ-7 (you can see it by the grill) for 18"s of stretch behind the seats. It fit a CJ7 hard top (you'll notice it missing of the red CJ ) I transplanted a 304 into it since the 4 banger was inadequate for my desires
    Got to keep the bed and provide secure storage for my guns when I was traveling to compitions up and down the east coast. IN fact I dropped it off with him when I was shooting in the Mid-Winter Nationals in Tampa.

Mud
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Sweet.

I bought a Browning 270 A-bolt II about three yr's ago along w/a Colt 45 1911a (sidearm back up for Pigs & Deer & whoever else) , + all my other ones. I love my Browning.
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep