Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Oiling Problem

Thread: Oiling Problem

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

Oiling Problem

with the 360 in my CJ. It seems to have gotten worse lately.

On initial start up when the engine is cold, my oil pressure on a fresh oil change will read about 50-60 psi. at idle and not fluctuate much while driving. Once the motor gets to operating temperature, i have maybe 5-7psi at idle, and while driving it never gets above 30.

Is this something that the midplate and new pump gears could cure? Does this sound like the characteristics of a worn housing?

Also as of recently if i am cruising at about 2,000 rpm then let off the gas I will watch my Oil Pressure gauge jump up another 5 psi or so before it drops down with the rpm of the motor.

I was not planning on ripping this motor apart until the fall

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    sounds like your oil pum pis worn, new gears and a resurfaced or using a midplate will help......possibly a new cover. If it was bearings it would be low on startup
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    sounds like your oil pum pis worn, new gears and a resurfaced or using a midplate will help......possibly a new cover. If it was bearings it would be low on startup
    Thats what i was thinking, and generally at higher rpms if it was bearings it would drop the psi as well.

Thanks

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source