Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got CJ7....

Thread: Got CJ7....

Got CJ7....

Bought a 86 CJ7 for my wife last night, and have a few questions. The PO had said that the transmission was making a grinding noise in gears 2-4, so I figured that the sychro's were going. Q: What 4 speed came in the 86, 258 I6,dana 300??

Also brake fluid is leaking from the top of the master cylinder resivior, any reason why?? brakes feel kinda squishy.
    Thanks for any help.
    97 TJ 2.5L, 35x12.50 BFG M/T, Trail Rash/Dents
    86 CJ7 258 I6

Re: Got CJ7....

Quote Originally Posted by Bevis
    Bought a 86 CJ7 for my wife last night, and have a few questions. The PO had said that the transmission was making a grinding noise in gears 2-4, so I figured that the sychro's were going. Q: What 4 speed came in the 86, 258 I6,dana 300??

Also brake fluid is leaking from the top of the master cylinder resivior, any reason why?? brakes feel kinda squishy.
    Thanks for any help.
    http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewto...t=transmission

http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewto...t=transmission

These 2 links will help ID your transmission, as for the master cylinder, i'd either just try to reseal the cover but i'd rather get a new one, wouldn't want to brakes to fail totally down the road.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Let's see a pic of it.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

.....and one for Mudrat

86 CJ7 258 I6

NICE
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevis
    .....and one for Mudrat

HI JEN!!!

You are taking care of my girlfriend aren't you!

Looks sweet .. the Jeeps OK too Is she excited about it?? You going to get a 2 Jeep trailer now?

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Very .... Gonna hold off on the 2 jeep trailer....gotta upgrade the tow vehicle first...Don't think my F150 would like pulling 2 jeeps.
    86 CJ7 258 I6

Tony - figure out the tranny question? How'd you and Jen make out in the hurricane ... Lemme rephrase that ... any damage?

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Tony - figure out the tranny question? How'd you and Jen make out in the hurricane ... Lemme rephrase that ... any damage?

Pat

Well after reading on theFLJ board, Tony has been working almost non-stop since Charlie ripped thru there (He's an EMT). I doubt he and Jen had time ...
    Mud
    Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE