Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
M-416 Military trailer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M-416 Military trailer

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I wonder how it would tow with 4" lift springs on it? I am running around 10 inches of lift on my CJ (which will be what pulls it), so I need it to be a little higher off the ground. Hmm, maybe a springover? I would imagine a spring over is a bad idea on a trailer. Anyone care to add any comments? If I am gonna get and fix this thing, I want to tinker with it only once and for as cheap as possible.
    Thanks!
    Jack

A spring over with how stiff of a spring? That is what you need to think about. You're not wanting too much flex with a load in the trailer. Keep the Pintle Hook. If you take it off road that is all the flex that you will need.

You also don't have to lift it too much. You can get drop brackets for pintle hooks. So i would suggest something like a Rancho 2 1/2" springs, and some 34x9.5 Swamper LTBs. Gives you some height, gives you the load rating you want, they are inexpensive for the size. Or you could go with some 16 inch rims, they should be cheap for the trailer, find used military ones. Experiment with 16 in tire sizes. I think a 315/85/16 is somewhere around 35x11.25 (I know someone will go find out on a calculator and correct me :) ) The skinny tires will also keep it inside the cool looking fenders.

Get the trailer. Then decide. There are lots of options.

Erik

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Jack you've been here (the house) since this was posted - did you get it? You never asked to use the truck and pintle ...
    and I did the spring over on my 1 ton while you were gone

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE