Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Engine swap
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Engine swap

Engine swap

I have an AMC 360 with TBI fuel injection and an AMC TH400 tranny. I want to put a Tune Port Injection system and I wanted to know if anyone knows of a used one that might work. I also want to know if there is a 6 cylinder with TPI that can be swapped onto this tranny.
    The more I practice, the luckier I get

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    For tuned port injection, you have two options that I know of, Either Edelbrocks new kit:

Or try this site:
    http://www.customefis.com/

Otherwise you are on your own to fab up your own kit. As for will the inline 6 bolt up to the TH400, yes, but you need a new flexplate for that engine and might have to add some sensors in, or make sure that you get the engine/computer from and auto. I haven't done this swap, but I know that it is very doable. Let us know if you need any more information!
    Jack

Thanks for the info.
    The more I practice, the luckier I get

Can't you have the trans case swapped for a Chev case then you could yse any chev eng??