Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Which to build?

Thread: Which to build?

Which to build?

Hello, I am new to posting on any forum.please excuse any e-ignorance and any constructive critisizm is helpfull.

I need help deciding which fsj to build. I have a 75 j-10 with a loose q-trac chain and the rear end out of a wide track cherokee that is not off-set causing a terrrible drive line angle. I also have a 87gw with a broken frame behind the stearing gear (easy fix) and all window electrics need attention. both have front and rear d44s but the wag is 2.72 gear compared to the 3.54 j-truck. both motors and trans are strong. the bodys are both in about the same condition. My concerns are the weight of the gw is high but I prefer the narrower track and shorter wheel base.

I also have a 93 wrangler that could benifit from the waggoneers axles and older fsj parts are more plentifull around here but transfer case upgrades from q-trac are limited.

Main use would be towing and beatin' it against the rocks at tutttle creek O.R.V area. Not a daily driver but 500 mile trips will be occasional

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I would say the j10 the jeep trucks are among the toughest out there and definately respectable when built
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    mc is right, if i had a truck body that's the way i'd go. i'm planing a plow truck project for next year, i'm stuck with a wag body right now, i have a choice of 2 frames, a 76 chero with qt axles under it right now, or a 86 wag, both frames need work. the 76 is solid in the mid section, needs rear patching, the 86, i welded skid plate into the rear frame and mounted a heavy reciever hitch, before it was a crash victom, but the mid section, fuel tank area needs work. i'm thinking of going with the 75 frame, i have 88 wag body that i plan on using, i'm hoping it will plow with it's bad frame this winter, where i'm getting stuck is what drive train i should use, i have 2 qt's probally need work, a 208 i think will work with my 727's, it was on a t176, let me know if it wont go on the 727, a t176 with case, but it is on a 6 i plan on staying with a 360, and a t18-208 for a 360, and j20 axles to go with both drive trains, i also have a coupple 229's but think they are probally not good to plow with, i will be using the one in the 88 this winter and plan on having it in 4lo when pushing snow.

Are you saying the Wag is not as tough? What is weaker? The wife is voting for the gw. I would love to do both but she has different ideas.
    Wouldnt the waggy axles and springs go right under the j-truck? If I go gw untill the frame rots out I'll transfer the upgrades over to the j-10 and stay w/drivers side drop diff. Maybe just drive the wagoneer while I prepare the j-10 for the transfer of parts. That is, if I can get it past the wife!! I think she's worried Ill stop working on her yj and devote more resourses to my toy,she's probably right! LOL

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Hey what the wife said...I am not going against the Boss

If mama aint happy aint nobody happy
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Hey what the wife said...I am not going against the Boss

If mama aint happy aint nobody happy
    Boy, aint that the truth,LMAO....................................
    1- '74 CJ5
    1- '75 towtruck
    2- '77 J-10s
    1 '78 Cherokee
    2- '79 Cherokees
    1- '85 Grand Wagoneer