Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pics of my Bronco, gonna call it a Jeep BJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of my Bronco, gonna call it a Jeep BJ

The project has gotten out of hand it's all the way up to 3500 but the specs have gotten better.

79? Jeep BJ in progress
    79 Bronco frame & suspension, coils/longarm front, leaf rear
    D44 hp 3.50:1 open front disk
    9" 3.50:1 31 spline open rear disk
    Hydroboost mc
    HOWE aluminum radiator
    460 D0VE, performer, Performer, 850dp Holly, alum fwheel w 12" clutch
    2" fenderwell headers, flows
    Lakewood scattershield
    NP435 rebuilt 6.6?:1 1st
    NP205 ton low mileage
    33 gal fuel tank
    00 TJ body cut down to 2 seater, Hardtop/half doors
    Porsche 914 buckets
    Flatbed made of galvanized catwalk dump using a very large airbag
    66 Ferrari headligtes, total 400 watts high with 4 100 watt bulbs
    Purlux SS fog lites
    315x75x16 on 16x8 alloys
    Warn M12000 front and rear
    Onboard air
    3G alternators 130 amp

yet to get
    A good TJ hood
    3G 200 amp alt for onboard welder Tig setup
    parts to turn 9" to full float
    would like to do a doubler attached to a big spline top loader

Starting the mods to the frame, winch mount, fab bed and crossmember for bag for tilt and sand blast all for Por15. Welding tub back together and body mounts, as well as a cage. Been mostly gathering and test fitting will get more pics next few weeks. The Willys has been taking a nap need to get BJ useable so I can get back to the Willys.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    sounds pretty good. Do you hav any updated pictures?

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Not yet, I should in the next week. I have been gathering and fitting. Just got the headers and to keep from fouling them at full stuff I have had to set the eng back 3" or 4". Now have most everything on hand. I will have to initialy build with the 435/204 then replace with tl/203/205, can't afford the adapters just yet. Still need a TJ hood but will have to fake it. Will post soon as more pics.

Re: Pics of my Bronco, gonna call it a Jeep BJ

Quote Originally Posted by hssss

Will be 79 Bronco chassis/suspension/435/205/D44hp/9"/4wdb/460/35s on 16/8
    with 2 seat TJ tub and flatbed

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/album37
    Did you just walk outside one morning and ...there it was??? Wish it would rain Broncos here. I could use a parts vehicle.
    Hand me that hammer, I'll make it fit...

A bit of an update. I got the body and frount clip dummied up and found that the setback needed to be more like 11". I cut the frame horns off and fabbed a winch mount welded to the front crossmember and replaced the horns working them into the mount also a hitch receiver was put on as a part of the mount. I started working the body and found that it was too badly damaged in the fire. I have since reaquired my 87 YJ now minus the engine, hardtop, and hard doors but with half doors and fresh 4.11s with a detrooit locker in rear. I am going to remove the YJ from it's frame and transfer to the BJ. I had the interior Linexed and it is good enough to have the original paint. What I plan is to move the tires forward in the front wheel wells and use cutout flares on the rear moved back as much as sheet metal will allow. I should wind up with 96 to 100 in wheelbase. The rear suspension will be front coil buckets, shock buckets and radius rods installed on the rear as well. These chances should allow a faster finish. I picked up a couple of range boxes and have a big spline top loader that will probably go in as an upgrade later.

The willys is still taking a nap but I have been picking up additional sheet metal and trim parts as I find them reasonably priced, I'll have 200 in the bed instead of over 1500, also the lights cost 50 instead of 500.

I have started another pashion which I intend to produce kits for. I am in the final throws of frame design for a V8 powered Lotus 7. It will be along these lines. Specs with most everything on hand:

Roller 392(351)(EFI, drysump), T5, IFS using SN95 with 12" disks, IRS using 00 Cobra R and SN95 with 11" disks, 95 Cobra R wheels front 17x9 with 255 40 17s and rear 17x10.5 with 315 35 17