Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Beefing a 242

Thread: Beefing a 242

Beefing a 242

Anyone have any suggestions on beefing a 242 tc?? Putting together my TJ(Twisted Jeep) and the tc is gonna need all the help it can get.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Not sure what you can do besides try to find a wider chain...
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Uhhh, try and Atlas II? I agree with MC, the 242 is pretty beffy for a chain driven T case, but there are not a lot of after market parts for them. Good luck and keep us updated with any solutions you run across, if you wouldn't mind.

I wanted to keep the AWD function of the 242. I have a couple of 205s which would hold up but like AWD, it's gonna need all the help it can get hooking. I was hoping to run accross someone who was real familiar with TCs. It looks like there should be a 6 planet gear input and I think there is a 1.25" which is not only wider but better construction than the 1" chain but I need to find out the application.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Did you check on the Hummer boards? I could be wrong, but I believe that the Hummer used the 242 as well. I would imagine it might be a little beefier than the Jeep version, but I have no information on this. I could just be pulling your chain. The only part that I know of is an SYE kit.

The Hummer uses a version of the 242 but somehow lost the 2wd capability. The parts I'm looking for probably came on some year Dodge truck.