Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
I am going to get beaten for this one cj7 for an 8
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am going to get beaten for this one cj7 for an 8

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)

I am going to get beaten for this one cj7 for an 8

I found a CJ-8 frame, roll bar and tub. nothing else no column or wires ect. the guy is willing to sell for 700, Or the guy is willing to take just my 1960 cj7 tub and frame in exhange plus $100 and i get to strip all my goodies off my CJ tub to put onto the Scambler

What would your response be here. I said hell yes. $100 and some elbow grease swapping everything over and i get to upgrade from a 7 to a 8 gee let me think.

401 w/FI nv4500 D300 with D44 and D60 all in a CJ8 no smog to deal with. I might be missing a few marbles right now but i garauntee that my group is going to beat me into oblivion for showing up with an 8 instead of a 7, talk about an upgrade in room. I'm spring under right now, i might think about spring over with a Scrambler.

I'll keep you all posted on if this materializes. Hopefully the dude hasnt hacked up the 8 tub and it hasnt rusted any since last time i saw it. it was originally getting stripped for Baja racing and then has sat in a field as a frame and tub since then.

i should add too i have the 7 all torn down and stripped because im painting and doing body work. so timing couldnt be better
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I'll let you slide if you bob the '8.
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Sounds like another good deal is done!! Pics would be nice though

Now about bobbing that thing I've seen some good looki'n cut downs, but think about it hard before you do. It's hard to undo something like that an look right.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Keep it (how can I say) ORIGINAL.

Bobbing a 8 is like having a 7 ON ROYD'S.

IF u bOb it u might as well keep the 7.

This is my opinion only & not nessessarly the opinion of others.

RollBar
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

That sounds like a good deal to me too, but I would also keep it original since there aren't a whole bunch of them around.

How did you mount the NV4500 to your skidplate? I bought a 304/NV4500/Dana 300 to swap into my '86 CJ7 and the adaptor mount to the skidplate is pretty tall. I've got to drop the skitdplate about 1 1/2 inches and I think the engine is still angled slightly up in the back. I'm sure that this is probably something that AA sells because it is a nicely done rectangular tube that bolts into the bottom of the tranny and then sits on top of two tall rubber and metal pucks with BIG bolts that go through the skidplate. I'm hoping I can fab or buy something else that will let me gain a little more clearance under the skidplate.

Thing was hacked bad and the floor had rusted. Too good to be true ussually is but I sure was hopeful and excited there all day yesterday. but some people dont know how to take care of things enough to make them worth keeping after awhile. Dont worry, its hard to get me to cut my sheet metal letalone bob an 8 i like to keep things looking original. this day and age that is a rarity.

As to the NV4500, i'll keep you posted I Have alot of dabbling to do when i mount it. RJ brought up a good idea of just using 2 bolts and a solid piece of poly and then bolting that to a thin tubing cross member spanning from inside frame rail to rail. bolting to the side of the rail and then using a skid plate to span the belly with it broke and bolted to the outside of the frame rails. Should be able to tuck things higher this way???
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

Member #377

How do you put a 1960 vin # on a cj7??

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by W.T.Sumner
    Pop rivets

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I've got my NV4500 put together right now with the mounting bracket that came on it just so I can start driving it again within the next few weeks. I've got to pull the skidplate down one more time and I'll take a quick look at going to just the rubber puck, but I think next spring I'll start looking at trying to fab a new plate that will tuck things up a bit and maybe even a clocking ring if they are strong enough. I found a tubular crossmember with a bolt on steel plate guard at www.montanajeepframes.com but $350 seems a little steep even if it is as well made as it appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by W.T.Sumner
    when you weld a cj5 to a CJ7

Member #377