Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
I am going to get beaten for this one cj7 for an 8 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I am going to get beaten for this one cj7 for an 8

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Herman Lewis

get em through payton performance, they are taller also
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    So how is the project coming????? Inquiring minds want to know!!
    What he said.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Parade got rained on.

Its now over in Sacramento at (bulltear member) Ray's house in his shed. Was told to get it off the property that i am staying on till it runs. As it sits. Still waiting for Jim to finish reassembly of Tranny. Underhood wiring still left to do. Then im going to have to Beg and plead with the friends to have a bolt tightening party. Checking over everything from one end to the other. Since Sac is 90 miles away not exactly easy to continue slowly tightening things on it.

I'm going to provide the Beer and Food Saturday and Sunday on two seperate weekends and hope that 3 or 4 sets of eyes can catch my nighttime/ flashlight assembly goof ups. I hate when teh wind gets knocked out of your sails when you're so close, but gotta keep the landlord happy. Im still slowly gaining ground. Thanks i will keep posted but for now im probably three or four weeks without any progress.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

Member #377

Jack sorry i guess i should finally say something..

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52387644EzIHUk a little trimming to make the twin sticks clear and also for easy access, nothing a boot wont hide

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52387661CqJxZq

im fighting the twin sticks and the slope of the engine and tranny, the tranny tappers down from front to rear a fair amount because of the t-case coming close to the body like within 3/4 of an in all around. This is where i was thinking with a 1" body lift i could swing the t-case a little higher and get the engine, t-case and tranny to all level out a little more.

here is how she sits in the dog house
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52387672vqPGoTdont worry about the bend it straightened right outand had no impact on the tranny nor clearance.

Shes getting closer. hope to haul it back to SR this friday build cross member, re weld the twin sticks, drivelines and do exhaust over the next 2 weeks, then hammer out the roll cage and fix the seat brackets.

Dusty

Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    none of the links work for me
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

typo on my part on all three got er now

Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Well that thing is really coming along! I can't wait to move to Hotlanta, find a place and work on my Jeep some more. I will finally make enough dough to actually spend a little here and there on her!

Took a look at all the pics tonight Dusty - look'n REAL sweet! But you can't wait to hop in and scratch that paint job

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

man you aint kidding.

Drivelines being cut up today will have em back on friday.

Unfortunately i need to do a fwew other things.... im yanking the tranny's 5spd and 6spd from both of my dodges and swapping them and then putting a HP clutch in with the 6spd and putting the 5spd and clutch into the other truck so i can sell it, so this weekend is busy........SO i think the Driveline install will be about the extent of my labor unless i get ambitious and get the 1" body lift in and then get the jeep down for the exhaust to be installed.

Im going with a Y pipe and then single 3" running down the driverside inside of the frame rail.

I got the crossmember done on Friday night pretty simple sits flush good clearance supprisingly for the size of the tranny.

Also revamped the fuel injection pump and fuel lines setup. I am now running a Holley Blue pump (14 PSI i think was the spec) that lifts the fuel from the tank through and filter and then pumps it into a manifold. The manifold also interacts with the return fuel lines from the motor. Dont Know ..... But Frank from Edelbrock said it was on his red CJ before it got stolen and it helped via keeing the volume of fuel in a resevor (manifold) for the pressure pump to draw from without it having to suck fuel up and out of the tank as it is not a suction pump just a pressure pump, the Blue pump should be a good canidate for suction, pushing the volume of fuel infront of the manifold and circulation of the fuel up to the maifold... all of this is mounted from the rear forward spring hanger forward and is fairly long but fits nicely. I am thinking that i might Fab a piece of Angle iron onto the outside and under the frame rail and sticking out 2 or 3" to the inside of the frame rail to gaurd against anything kicking up and smacking the inside of the frame rails and potentially dmaging the pumps.

The manifold, Edelbrock pressure pump and the holley Blue are all tied together through fittings looks clean i'll post pictures after i get it and my "security festures" wired into the system so it looks clean and is not just a bunch of wires hanging out.

Once the body lift goes on we will be cutting the tabs on the fuel cell/ tank and then jacking it up and re-welding the tabs or a piece of angle iron onto the tank and redriling the mounting holes should net an addtional 1-1/2" clearance wishful thinking i might gain a hair more and get her close to 2" higher.

Member #377

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    man you aint kidding.

Also revamped the fuel injection pump and fuel lines setup. I am now running a Holley Blue pump (14 PSI i think was the spec) that lifts the fuel from the tank through and filter and then pumps it into a manifold. The manifold also interacts with the return fuel lines from the motor. Dont Know Frank from Edelbrock said it was on his red CJ before it got stolen and it helped via keeing the volume of fuel in a resevor (manifold) for the pressure pump to draw from without it having to suck fuel up and out of the tank as it is not a suction pump just a pressure pump, the Blue pump should be a good canidate for suction, pushing the volume of fuel infront of the manifold and circulation of the fuel up to the maifold... all of this is mounted from the rear forward spring hanger forward and is fairly long but fits nicely. I am thinking that i might Fab a piece of Angle iron onto the outside and under the frame rail and sticking out 2 or 3" to the inside of the frame rail to gaurd against anything kicking up and smacking the inside of the frame rails and potentially dmaging the pumps.

The manifold, Edelbrock pressure pump and the holley Blue are all tied together through fittings looks clean i'll post pictures after i get it and my "security festures" wired into the system so it looks clean and is not just a bunch of wires hanging out.
    Be curious to see the plumbing diagram too .. Sounds like your going to have a heck of Jeep when you get done
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE