Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Welding with a fine wirefeed

Thread: Welding with a fine wirefeed

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

Welding with a fine wirefeed

Bought a Miller #251 wirefeed...this welder blows away the 210!! I am seriously impressed at the consitency of the power output! SMooth...ultra smooth wire fed beads. We are using 75-25 mix with a .035 wire..never before have I seen a weld that looked better than with this machine. unreal!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    so are you throwing the 210 in the trash then? if so i'll take it, i've been checking out welders for a while now but no $$$ just kidding about that throw it in the trash statement. hope to get something to weld with next year, i hate using the one at work, it was broken after i did a bunch of welding on my wag in july, i don't know if the boss thought i broke it, but the guy who uses it the most said it had not been right for a long time, it had a broken tube in the torch and needed a new one, not cheap either $250

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    the millers are nice I have the 175 and it does a great job MC try the .024 wire in it i like it better then the .035 wire

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Why do you like .024 over .035? .035 is all I've ever used up to this point. I might have to try and check it out.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    I wish I had a MIG I have to do all my welding with an old AIRCO stick. Its a pretty good unit it has high and low settings with constant variable settings on each side, and will go AC/DC on the output. Gets pretty tricky doing small/light , peices or body panels. but it will work. If I had the $$$ I would go for a TIG, no smoke, no mess, just nice clean tight welds.
    ...and the peasants danced

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    thats how I learned..good old stick. I like to use stick outside for hard welding jobs
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Tell ya what if you ever get the chance to try one of millers adaptive pulse units..you will like it we use it at work and wow ..Nice bead big power..fast! Use .045 wire though and you really gotta keep moving..

But the toy I want is the plasma cutter ohhhhh baby chuck /oxy acetylene and the sawsall...phhhhhhtt light saber also costs as much as my jeep..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Plaaaassssma (Simsons voice) http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewto...=plasma+cutter

Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    Tell ya what if you ever get the chance to try one of millers adaptive pulse units..you will like it we use it at work and wow ..Nice bead big power..fast! Use .045 wire though and you really gotta keep moving..

But the toy I want is the plasma cutter ohhhhh baby chuck /oxy acetylene and the sawsall...phhhhhhtt light saber also costs as much as my jeep..
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE