Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
T-18 Input shaft

Thread: T-18 Input shaft

T-18 Input shaft

In 1968 to1971 Jeep Wagoneers and Jeep trucks came with 350 Buick motors and wide ratio T-18's. I'm looking for a source to buy a new or used main input shaft for this T-18. The overall length of the shaft is 12 & 7/8" + or - , the stick out length is 10 & 1/4" + or - , the tooth count is 17 and the clutch spline is 1 & 1/8" 10. I appreciate any help.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Parts Mike is the only place i was able to find them when i was looking

http://www.partsmikeparts.com/t18.htm

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    These guys might have one, they sell new and used parts. They don't respond well over the web, so you're best off to give them a phone call.

http://www.milehighjeeprebuilders.com

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    or i can get you one
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I'm appreciative for the info. I was in touch with Parts Mike and he suggested using a Ford input shaft in order to maintain a longer rear drive shaft, his logic is sound. He didn't get back to me about the Jeep shaft. My direction is influenced by sentiment and a synchro 1st gear. My Jeep was a limited addition in 1971, it came with a v-6, T-18 close ratio 4 spd, 4.88's and a Warn overdrive. I'm trying to keep the stock throw out bearing and clutch linkage, plus I'm adapting a wide ratio T-19 out of a Scout. The adapter from Advance Adapters, adapts the T-19 to the Chev. and it is very close to the same thickness of the stock T-18 adapter.

Jeepsr4ever,

I have an input shaft from an early T-98 out of a Jeep 6 cylinder truck that is very close, but the female race for the output shaft needle bearings is smaller than the T-18. I could probably buy smaller needle bearings, but my first preference would be to buy a new T-18 input shaft. Would you be able to get a new input shaft for a 71 Wagoneer T-18 ? I thank all of you for the help.

Kent