Thread: T176 - T177

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!

T176 - T177

Just a question..Why isnt the T-176-7 as popular as say the T-18's etc??
    I have one in a J-10 and love it..close ratio etc.
    I'm just curious..(Secretly hoping to make them popular so somone, AHEM will make a way cool Shifter for it!!) nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    People want the t-18 b/c of the 6.32:1 first gear ratio. Otherwise the t-176 7 are very stout trannys. I was actually looking for one for my CJ, but came across the t-18 instead

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I getcha.. I thinks the T-176 3.8 first gear..That would make sense (well for slooooooow speed stuff) I guess I can say that this 176 must be pretty tough as one of my favorite things is smoke the "stoplight banditos" around town when the kids start cruisin main.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Tranny Question

The T-176 and T-177 are good trannys for CJs the best they put in them,but for trail use or higher HP they are very marginal at best,the T-18 is considered a truck tranny with it's lower first gear and is about twice as stout as the T-176 ot T177,I tore 3 T-176 out of mine with the stock 6 banger before i up graded mine-JC
    My Sawzall talks to me! If you ain't ripped it off then saw it off!

I sold my T-18/d20 for a T-177/D300 because I wanted 4 road gears. The T-18 has basically the same gears as my T-150 with the obvious exception of the granny low, which I wasn't going to use. The T-177 is in the basement being rebuilt and just about ready for install.
    1978 CJ7/ Rebuilt 360/ Rebuilt T-150 and Dana 20/ 31" ProComp Mud Terrains/ All Fiberglass/ Everything sandblasted and repainted/ Nearly Done!!