Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
401 CONTEST??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 401 CONTEST??

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

401 CONTEST??

I am not trying to be a jerk and complain, but when an organization has a contest and posts the rules, I think they should be adhered to.

In the 401 giveaway contest, it was stated well in advance that the drawing was to be held on September 1st. It was also stated that all tickets must be purchased PRIOR to August 31st. This was all posted WELL ahead of the deadline.

A lot of us followed those rules, yet we are told today that "due to last minute ticket sales the drawing was postponed until September 3rd" In addition, the whole 401 Giveaway section is locked so nobody can respond on that thread.

I was wondering what kind of message that sends.

To some it might appear that the box is being "stuffed" after the fact. To others it might just mean that the last minute response was overwhelming. Being that no other explanation was posted, and the fact that as of 3pm Pacific time on the 31st (remember the rules said entrys must be purchased PRIOR to the 31st) the rules still said that the drawing was on the 1st it does raise some questions...

Like I said earlier, I am not a whiner, nor am I accusing anybody of anything. Before I get pounded by other members let me state that I really like this site and I think MC has done a world of good for AMC/Jeepers and is the nicest, most helpful person I have ever talked to about AMC/Jeep issues. This site and his products are awesome!

All I am asking for is a reasonable explanation as to why the rules were changed more than 16 hours AFTER the posted deadline. Is that too much to ask?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    a couple of things here

1. I am having a hard time finding time to writedown all the names and tickets
    2. we still are getting snail mail entries prior to aug 31st
    3. sept 1st deadline was not obtainable beacause of the above
    4. we are still turning down entries sent by paypal....still learning how to do that as well.

5. QUIT SENDING US MONEY FOR THE DRAWING....its too late..we will be doing another one soon
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks MC!

MC, I know you are probably buried with this contest right now, my post was in no way intended to be a slam of any kind.

I realize there is always a "learning curve" in anything, be it engine building or running a contest.

Your explanation is perfectly acceptable and I understand now. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was wondering and perhaps this can help them understand as well.

Please accept my humble apologies if my questions offended you in any way, manner or form. I would never intentionally impune your integrity. They were merely questions, that's all.

Like I said in my original post, I think you and your company are doing great things. I have recommended your website and products to many of my Jeep friends, and will continue to do so.

Have a great day!

no offense taken..

Its my birthday today and I am a little hung over...I fixed it to explain better
    [COLOR=#000000]

"Hung Over?" Been there - done that, got the T-shirt! (Actually, a whole warehouse of those T-shirts!)

Happy Birthday man! Dare I ask how old?

take the square root of XXX divide it by XXX and triple the number to the tens power of XX divie those two and you get one hung over MC today
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    JMSII, sounds like he can't write all the names on the tickets 'cause he can't read'm today

Happy belated B-day bro, I had another paper due last night and I forgot about your birth aniversary

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hmm...could be a "focus" problem! Perhaps a little "hair of the dog" MC?

Bulltear forum member Cook
    I think the reality is that the rules stated that tickets could only be purchased at Bulltear, and that all tickets had to be purchased before August 31st. The post mark date really isn't relative since according to the previously posted rules, a valid entry cannot be obtained without actually providing funds before August 31st. I follow the concept above, but I am uncomfortable with how this is being handled. I think the concept of the giveaway was worthy and I sympathize with the problems that developed, but I think that procedures should be posted to withdraw entries previously purchased for full refunds.

I appreciate that MC put this together and I am definitely supportive of all the products that have been made available for AMC products through his efforts. I have no doubt that I will continue to purchase products here in the future. This particular situation is just one of those things.

I definately see your point and I need to tell you that we are busting our balls over here to make this happen....even getting pistons was hard seeing that these pistons are only produced a few times a year and we almost had to special order them. We will stick to the 3rd for the drawing and are dedicated to that. This is a extremely well build engine and isnt a giveaway to take lightly. I fell terrible for those who paid late and I stated to many that if your not post marked before aug 31st you will not gain entry. What should I do here guys can what I told these people in favor of holding a sept 1st drawing date? Its these types of complications that make us weary about giveaways... The 3rd drawing doesnt change the stats and by the rules of post marked pre 31st we will honor those who sent in money orders on monday but not tuesday.

sorry for those who dont agree with that part of the rules and good luck to all

-MC
    [COLOR=#000000]