Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Jeep Heads! Post your Jeeps!

Quote Originally Posted by bls33
    that will be an awesome setup, what kinda crawl ratio you get with the atlas t-case? i got my engine for my CJ from my 77 chero, i hated doing it though being a FSJ guy by heart but i was sick of working on that thing and gettin nowhere
    I got the 4.3:1 Atlas. I was considering a 5.0 but they're always back ordered. My project started off as a '79 Wagoneer but I was going to have to do waaaay too much to make it what I wanted. I parted that out but I kept the engine. Then I bought a CJ and promptly started doing waaaaay too much to it. Seems like every time I said "as long as I'm in there", the parts prices jumped another $1K. Very soon the 4 link rear suspension will start coming together.
    1977 AMC Jeep Cherokee: 360/TH400/1339/44/44 - Beavis
    1984 AMC Jeep CJ7: 401/SM465/AtlasII/44/9" - Grimm Jeeper
    1986 Chevy K20: 5.3/4L60/NP241/10b/14b - Tow Rig
    2004 Pontiac GTO: LS1/T56/M80 - :D

Try out my gear ratio calculator (Now in metric)

By the way love the gear ratio calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Filemon
    By the way love the gear ratio calculator
    Thanks. I made it when I was trying to plan what combo to run in my Jeep. I just kept it around and added to it over the last few years.

Well nice work. Works pretty good.... Just found out i need to change my gears!!!!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by zero cool
    I got the 4.3:1 Atlas. I was considering a 5.0 but they're always back ordered. My project started off as a '79 Wagoneer but I was going to have to do waaaay too much to make it what I wanted. I parted that out but I kept the engine. Then I bought a CJ and promptly started doing waaaaay too much to it. Seems like every time I said "as long as I'm in there", the parts prices jumped another $1K. Very soon the 4 link rear suspension will start coming together.
    ZC - just got a chance to try your calculator - WAY COOL!!! =D>

And as a suggestion, with the mods that are out there for the old workhorse splitters, is there a way to program in the different low ranges for the T-cases?

I have the 4:1 Terra low in my D300, but can't get past the 2.61 ratio??

Just a thought, and I'm a bit scared ... road speed - 156 MPH @ 5000 rpm The motor will hang - I won't - not in a CJ7!!! (sorry Fuzz, not a straight line guy )
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    ZC - just got a chance to try your calculator - WAY COOL!!! =D>

And as a suggestion, with the mods that are out there for the old workhorse splitters, is there a way to program in the different low ranges for the T-cases?

I have the 4:1 Terra low in my D300, but can't get past the 2.61 ratio??

Just a thought, and I'm a bit scared ... road speed - 156 MPH @ 5000 rpm The motor will hang - I won't - not in a CJ7!!! (sorry Fuzz, not a straight line guy )
    There's two ways to do a 4:1 Tera Low D300.

1. Select the "Dana 300 (4:1 conversion)" option listed just under the "Dana 300" option.

2. Leave the t-case selection in "Enter your own numbers", put 1.0 in high range and 4.0 in low range.

The road speed is just how fast the vehicle would go if the engine had enough power to get it to that speed. Or, how fast the wheels would spin if you redlined it while it was on jackstands (or a dyno...) It's not meant to actually represent how fast the vehicle is able to go.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    There's two ways to do a 4:1 Tera Low D300.

1. Select the "Dana 300 (4:1 conversion)" option listed just under the "Dana 300" option.

2. Leave the t-case selection in "Enter your own numbers", put 1.0 in high range and 4.0 in low range.

The road speed is just how fast the vehicle would go if the engine had enough power to get it to that speed. Or, how fast the wheels would spin if you redlined it while it was on jackstands (or a dyno...) It's not meant to actually represent how fast the vehicle is able to go.
    Gotcha - I'll retry. And I do think the motor will make that, on the road, hauling ass. 360, bored & balanced, cammed and jamed, yada, yada, yada - THAT'S what scares me
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE