Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jeep Heads! Post your Jeeps! - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Heads! Post your Jeeps!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Actually The kids my partner in crime..He Loves the CJ and wants to drive it everywhere..So he is my built in excuse, But it aint gonna be his first car! I went looking for my car ramps the other day and found he had them in the back yard driving his little electric powered "power wheels" jeep up them, I asked if he was doing a ramp travel index test on the suspension he just looked at me funny.Ah well he is young yet.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Hey, I like those rides you have there! Never seen those steel doors before - pretty sick looking.

Question - With those small lights on the windsheild hinges - can you fold the windshield down? I have KC Daylighters on mine and can't fold them down, so looking for another option to use there.

Thanks,
    Jack

Yep you can fold the windshield down, Those are Tractor lights about 8 bucks apiece and they are a flood type light I like KC's but cant really afford them and I prefer a flood light when I'm wheeling.

Oh and those are fiberglass doors the top came with the jeep and I have never really seen anything like it before. the windows slide up and down and the whole deal is pretty light. But it is missing the rear window and I cant seem to find what brand it is so I guess the silicone/plexiglass trick is in my future.

Dirty Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    But it is missing the rear window and I cant seem to find what brand it is so I guess the silicone/plexiglass trick is in my future.
    GEt some channel rubber from a glass shop or on-line (JC Whitney by the foot?) and fit the plexi into it - then you only need to glue the seam.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Oh ho! Slick idea.. Thanks I'll drop by the glass shop tomorrow/today whatever! (night shift bites..)

Thanks again

Dirty Harry.

Let us know what you find Goose.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hey Rat update on the back window..Glass shop can do the window channel and the glass.. I just have to save up the money for lexan or plexi-glass..Gee whiz forget investing in gold plexiglass is worth its wieght in gold.YIKES!

(you know it's not often you can actually use Gee Whiz or Yikes in a sentance any more but to get both in one paragraph that is a bonus!)

Dirty Harry.

Lexan is the prefered of course - that's what they make fighter canopy's out of U should see if you can E-bay or salvage the bubble off an A-6E Intruder - they are litterally coated with gold!!

Get a pic posted when you get it in

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Here is my current DD. I put this togeather for one purpose, get me and my snowboards around.

It of course replaced this one that some jerk in Holland hit me and I rolled.

Pics of Jeeps
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Sweet Snowboarder - but what's all that brown stuff on the outside??
    Bad snow?? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/P3010014.jpg

Holland???? Bummer on the total, hope it wasn't too physical on ya and it's not contagious (mines bright red too)

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE