I'm just thinking out loud right now. so take it for what it worth.

Just initially starting to dabble with the idea of front coils on the scrambler, my never ending project

I am thinking that i can use the Rubicon Express long arms which basically are a strong arm setup since the upper axle link no longer ties to the frame as it would with a true 4 link, right???. So i would only have to measure and fab two frame mounts on the inside of my front frame rails.

The reason for the use of the RE arms is that they are an off the shelf item, bend one and you can call up RE and have it there next day and also used kits are starting to pop up too.

With my front axle being a narrowed wagoneer D44 to wide track CJ specs 55" i should be able to mount some AFW upper coil buckets to my frame and use the TJ coils. Then RE sells a bracket set for front axle conversions for a TJ that i sould be able to use on the D44. so the coils would angle in a little about 1" to 1 1/2" inch angled in.

for the panhard/ track bar i have to keep in line with the draglink right same angle, does the length need to be the same also? actually this is where one of my question arises. i have heard all sorts of therories about setting this up. if i mount to the fram above the axle on the driverside frame rail then the mount on the axle needs to be raised and positioned on the axle to accomodate the length and angle of the draglink. what happens if the panhard is longer than the drag link?

do you think you could get away with using the factory front sway bar or would it even be necessary? How do you avoid death wobble

So who has done this how has it worked, lets see some pictures since everyone always over at pirates posts rear 4 link pictures but very few post a sucessful front 4 link picture.

Its just a thought right now, mainly because i was envious of the suspension flex and handling of a Cherokee this weekend.

I have always thought that a coiled front and a leaf rear suspension is a great way to go but when it goes past leaf springs i start questioning my fabricating ability. so a picture is worth a thousand words how about some thoughts ideas potential issues. would it work, how would it handle is it really that beneficial when compared to the cost?

L/R long arms = $500
L/R short links = $250
Coils = $150 (unless you get lucky and get used ones)
Frame coil buckets = $350 or get junk yard specials for $50
axle brackets RE = $350
limiting straps = $20
Panhard bar = $100

Its fun to talk about it though