Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Tow rig anyone?.....only if you have a money tree!!!

Thread: Tow rig anyone?.....only if you have a money tree!!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Tow rig anyone?.....only if you have a money tree!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...newtruck_x.htm

I have seen two of these rolling around here in the Virginia Beach area. These fawkers are huge!!!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

There is 0 need
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Quote Originally Posted by lifted79
    I have seen two of these rolling around here in the Virginia Beach area. These fawkers are huge!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyagid
    There is 0 need
    Actually there is - if you look at the windshield you'll see a green or blue military base sticker. There are some trucks that put a 350 crew cab body on a 450 or 650 chassis to haul the boats they need too between Dam Neck and Little Creek. We used to run 350's and tore out the drive train haulin "the boats" we needed too.
    This is just a more economical (for the taxpayers) means of doing so. But the precept behind some of this is to look like a jacked and stacked pickup and not to draw attention to the tow rig.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Executive class crew cabs have been out there for some time, Sterling is just trying to cut in on a higher end, similar to what Freightliner has offered for years.

Peterbilt and Kenworth also have knockoffs and International has thier version with some pretty nice interiors. Leather and all.

I think the need is actually moreso now than ever before. Look at all the Baby boomers that are going to be retiring over the next couple of years and buying RV trailers, trailer that mores times than not are over the tow vehicle manufacturers specs.

Granted im no saint when it came to running within manfacturers specs. But safty and lack of common sense amongst amature trailer towing drivers is becoming an ever increasing issue. One of the biggest is drivers who lack the understanding of braking capacity and braking distance.

Any improvement in the Braking systems for these Morons who like to tailgate while towing a heavily loaded RV trailer in my book is a blessing, it will save me and my trailer from getting pushing into another intersection by a moron who thought that his F350 with 19000 lbs and 36 extra ft would stop like it does when empty .

Get them up to more than 25999 and then they become DOT territory, Class A license, written test, walk around and a driving test. Can't teach commons sense but at least you can restrict and educate a little

Rant ..... Rant ..... Rant
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

dusty you hit it on the head. the morons i see out where i live need all the help they can get. besides its a nice setup! i know where you can find a kenworth motorhome complete with a rto-10 trans air disc brakes 425hp
    cat and a sleeper.
    later, rollen
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

so, how long until some fool with too much money and too few brains destroys one of these things because he put off road tires on it to make it look cool, having no consideration for how grossly (forgive the pun) over the weight limit of the tires he is. Not to mention the 100,000 doller boat he was hauling at the time also......

Another disturbing thought...... Some monkey somewhere is going to put some HUGE bling rims on one of these. Can't you just see it now? 36 inch gold plated spinners! What is the world coming to???

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green
    so, how long until some fool with too much money and too few brains destroys one of these things because he put off road tires on it to make it look cool, having no consideration for how grossly (forgive the pun) over the weight limit of the tires he is. Not to mention the 100,000 doller boat he was hauling at the time also......

Another disturbing thought...... Some monkey somewhere is going to put some HUGE bling rims on one of these. Can't you just see it now? 36 inch gold plated spinners! What is the world coming to???

Thats the thing though, if he hooks onto that trailer odds are he is going to be pushing over 26000lbs, when he does that all the sudden the Bling Bling is limited to DOT approved and within weight specs. All the sudden he will be subject to inspections Big tires are cool, Bling Bling is cool, but at a scale house it only counts against you financially if they find it to be creating a hazardous (out of spec) situation on the road. Alot of idiots will get a rude awakening.

Be it suspension modifications or what not. I seem to recall some guy in LA taking a F650 putting a front axle under it, coil overs and 4 linking it with 44's. Looked cool but im positive if he hooked onto anything that looked like a trailer over 8000lbs the highway patrol or DOt would pull him over scale him and check his tire capacities, there would be a violation somewhere.

Anyways isnt it guys like that who we save the Darwin Award for.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

sure is!
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962