Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
:idea: Engine weights widths heights and specs - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :idea: Engine weights widths heights and specs

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    73 - the spec sheet I have shows:
    Bore . . . . . . . 4.165
    Stroke . . . . . 3.68
    Bore spacing . 4.75
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    How about a link to that there spreadsheet, bub?

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    You could add a column for BoreStrokeRatio (BSR) & one for RodStrokeRatio (RSR), those numbers REALLY tell the tale

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

CYLINDER WALL THICKNESSES - BY C.I.D. / YEAR - AMC -

would this be the place to have those who have ultrasonically
    tested their cylinders - post those results - so we have a fairly accurate overview of cyl. casting thickness / core shifts listed by year ?

I'd even like metallurgy samples to determine which years had the highest nickel content - as the 1970s' had the Vietnam War manufacturing 'happening' at the time - which may or may not have had an effect on stateside materials used by AMC, but Hey...... where's THAT at ....... ;)

Not sure if it means anything to anyone else... I took my old 304 to a recycler today. Oil and coolant drained, complete with oilpan to valve covers, with intake, waterpump, balancer. Total weight on their industrial scale was 680lbs. I wondered why that thing was so hard to get out of my trailer and onto the engine stand originally.

Anyone know the weight of a 258?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    They were listed at 515lbs. I shipped a 401 in a crate minus cam and intake and it weighed 480lbs on the scale.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by SHARPMACHINE
    Anyone know the weight of a 258?
    Got 2 of them I can hang ......... but my deer scale only goes to 250Lbs Other than that, I know I can't lift one by myself - been there, tried that
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

651-257-7917 Call your order in!Forum Tech AdvisorVendor!Charter Memberpost padderFloridajeepers.net AdminFSJ fabricatorwww.Bulltear.comGear headModeratorNew to the forumSite AdminWeb GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.comSite AdminNew to the forumModeratorGear headwww.Bulltear.comFSJ fabricatorFloridajeepers.net AdminCharter Memberpost padderVendor!Forum Tech Advisor651-257-7917 Call your order in!Web GuyThe Web GuyAMCDragracing.comwww.Jeep-CJ.com
    what make and size carb. was on a stock 1973-74 amc 401 motor?i'm running an aluminum intake with a 600 edelbrock.seems like it's starving for fuel once in a while.