Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
tufcj's rigs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tufcj's rigs

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar

tufcj's rigs

The 1969 AMX and 2000 ZRX1100 for going fast!!!!

The 1977 Jeep CJ7 for going slow !!!

1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Right on..Nice rides, and based in Saudi Aurora even..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Those look pretty sharp. I always like AMX's.
    What brand of rocker guards are those and do they attach through the floor or to the body mount on the bottom side? Do you know it they'll work with a 'glass body?

The rocker guards are from Durango4x4.com. They bolt thru the side of the body, and sandwich between each body mount and the floorboard. They extend about 6" under the floorboard. They are 3/16" thick, bent from 1 piece of steel on a break, and will support the full weight of the Jeep, you can even put a high lift under them. The body on my CJ is 'glass, and they have saved it many times. I've scratched the paint, but never even managed to dent them with some VERY hard hits. I had to modify the lower mounts slightly because my 4WD Hardware body moves the front mount back 2" and the middle mount forward 2", and I had to get longer bolts to go thru the double wall sides of the 'glass tub. I also had to lop about 2 1/2" off the front when I went with the TJ flares, because the front wheelwell is that much bigger.

They've definitely saved their cost in body work to the rockers.

Bob.
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    nice turbines Bob
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I had been looking into those Durangos. The $54 shipping to Michigan hurts, but they look nice. I wasn't sure if that mounting to the body mounts would work with a glass body, but I had forgotten about the double wall on the tub. Did you sleeve the bolts on the inside? Any chance you have a couple of pics of the mounting underneath? You can email them to me if you don't want to post them here. I have a 4WD body too, so I'm in the same boat as far as the relocated body mounts.
    Thanks,
    Jeff. (jjrosenkranz@comcast.net)

Hey MC, want the wheels? They're old Western Hurricanes, 15x10, complete with center caps and lug nuts 5 on 5.5", 3 3/4" backspacing. I have Trailready aluminum beadlocks on it now (built from Eagle 589s). They're in the shed taking up space, make an offer. I was going to list them on ebay. They have some rock rash on the outer edge, but run true and don't leak any air.

I'll take some pics from underneath and inside and e-mail them to you milo. I didn't sleeve the bolts, there's a flat bar they supply that runs down the inside of the tub. I actually notched the TJ flares, so the rocker guard runs under it, full length from wheel well-wheel well.
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    nice rides
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot