Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
factory 4 bolt caps
Bulltear Ad

Thread: factory 4 bolt caps

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

factory 4 bolt caps

Did AMC make these ,or where did they come from ?. they are cast and have numbers just like the 2 bolt caps
    I have been told they were never made so my eyes must be going bad. please help....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I thought that was something traco did for racing
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I believe Traco was dropped just prior to '74 so those may have been done by Bobby Allison if that's a factory race block and not later mod. I know Traco built the 366, but I don't think the did anything beyond that. Havta read up on that again, but I don't recall them messing with the 425 'cause they didn't even do that well with the 366 and Allison took over in there somewhere. I thought they only raced on the service (non-numbered) blocks though. I know Miloden made 'em, but I'm not sure how far back and then ProGram makes them currently... and maybe someone else. As far as I know they were never a production item because the blocks were all drilled for 2 bolts, even though the bosses were large enough to be milled and drilled on the 360 service block and the 401. The only AMC blocks that came with the 4 bolt caps were the Aluminum blocks. Steer me right if need be...

There's some good NASCAR stuff about Allison and Traco in here:
    http://www.geocities.com/mmbb444/Matador.html
    '65 J200 401

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Shoo MC, those look super easy to machine out. Think you might make some for us???

Jack