Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Coating on Cylinders?

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Thanks MC, now I just have to fit it in w/my other projects or get some help w/it.
    I know a guy /a machine shop that might be able to help, HUMMMMMMMMM.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    The question is how much energy did it take to separate the oxygen and the hydrogen.... h20 doesnt burn
    Interesting concept.
    On submarines we use electrolisis to seperate the H from the O2 in the area of 3KVA zapped into distilled water that has a small percentage of potassium (K) for conductivity. We keep the O2 to bleed back into the boat to breath, the explosive H element overboard.

Don't know how your going to seperate the H and O from water, 'cause we all know water don't burn.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The H & O will be converted to steam as a by-product.

RollBar

P.S. I'll be making one big snorkle, (get it, submarine)
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    The H & O will be converted to steam as a by-product.

RollBar

P.S. I'll be making one big snorkle, (get it, submarine)
    Guess I don't understand what the source of heat will be to make the steam if you're not burning fuel??? In order to burn "water" it needs to be broken down into the 2 components and then (control) burn the H. O2 is just a catalist that promotes combustion, it doesn't burn by its self. Guess I'll wait for the movie - or pix

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The sequal is still to come,
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Well, I'm calling BS on the water for fuel concept. Oh, it sounds wonderful, who doesn't want free fuel?? But...

In order to burn the hydrogen, you need to separate it from the oxygen that it is bound up with to make water. In order to do that, you MUST put energy into the system. The exact same amount, in fact, that you will get from burning it.

Every system has losses and not one is 100% efficient. Because of this, you will NOT get free anything from this idea. It may chug along for a while, a short while, until the losses overcome the system, then it slows down and stops.

THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH!!

Perpetual motion machines (of which this is an example) simply will not, can not work. Period, end of story.

By the way, the oxygen in combustion reactions is not a catalyst. A catalyst is defined as a substance which accelerates or enables a reaction, without being changed by that reaction. The oxygen is an active participant, and becomes bound up chemically with the fuel during the combustion process.

Thanks for listening.

'87 Wrangler, AX-15 trans, 4.11 gears, small lift, AMC360 mildly built up

Well AL, before you call BS on this post/subject I have some reasearch/REFERENCES for you, just a start.

1. Stephen Chambers "Apparatus for Producing Orthohydrogen &/or Parahydrogen" US Patent 6126794.

2. Stanley Meyer "Method for the Production of a Fuel Gas" US Patent 4936961

3. Creative Science & Research, "Fuel from Water".

4. Stephen Chambers "prototype Vapor FUEL Systems"

5. There's more but I don't have time to list them.

I could go on w/others but there is no point, I have documentation & acutal plans to convert this to a usable fuel, plus as stated before it has been see in action.

You will have a Reaction chamber; Control circuit; Throttle control; Control range; CHT or EGT monitor; H20 tank; Vapor-pressure fittings; Copper mesh junctions etc. etc. etc.

Don't let the unknown or out of the norm ideas stear you in the wrong way, just because you think it won't work, it could & does.

RollBar

P.S. Oil Companies won't tell you it works. The history channel had a documentary on the subject four nights ago.
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Okay, that's fine. You're convinced, I'm not. We can live with that. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just have some basic physics I lean on. I'll look into the links, by the way.

Al
    '87 Wrangler, AX-15 trans, 4.11 gears, small lift, AMC360 mildly built up

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    The exact same amount, in fact, that you will get from burning it.
    This is the fundamental of physics and hasnever been broken...however the amount of energy it take to seperate the h from the o maybe 100% and the energy taken out maybe 100% but the advantage might be in the price of the catalyst. Fuel is a tricky business and it always boils down to cost over efficiency. Energy transferral and friction come into play as well. I am curious to the nature of the fuel consumption of such an engine

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    BMW has been making a motor for a few years now, that is a Hydrogen car, and the by product that comes out of the car is water. They have been calling this a car that runs on water to try and get a market for it. People are afraid of Hydrogen, which icould be a very dangerous gas. But in liquid form it is very stable.

Here is a link to the BMW information
    http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/fa...gines_2_en.pdf

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source