Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Ceramic Coating on Cylinders? - Page 4
Bulltear Ad
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Coating on Cylinders?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    There are losses at every step of the process, plus the idea is to drive a vehicle with what must be "excess" energy taken from the loop system
    '

Al...exactly my point...however the advantage might be in the catalyst....the water might be the fuel and its cheap. It wouldnt be a perpetual motion machine if you had to add water. I wonder about the possible advntages...the math would be tremendous.
    A catalyst doesn't add energy to a chemical reaction. Simply doesn't work that way. A catalyst enables or speeds up a reaction without being changed itself as a result of the reaction. In order to burn water, it has to separate into hydrogen and oxygen. It takes energy to make that happen. This system says that that energy comes from the alternator that is driven by the combustion of the water that was separated by the electricity generated by the combustion.... It's a cycle with no energy input. Water is not an energy source for combustion. Water is the ash of the combustion of hydrogen and oxygen. You can't burn ashes.
    '87 Wrangler, AX-15 trans, 4.11 gears, small lift, AMC360 mildly built up

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    your right Al. We are adding oxygen and water though. I would have to think that if their was an advantage to this it might have already been found or found to be not effective. ...hmmm still though it is very intreuging. Remember the atom the extreme power source. I still think its funny how we use nuclear power just to heat water.....

I do believe their is advantages becasue oxygen is the catalyst.....and is being added by the carb or plenum on top the engine. hmmm

I understand your point Al and I do know some physics and laws but I would wonder about this and would it be better if the exhaust was hydrogenperoxide instead of H20?

I give up on trying to use the quote function, it just isn't working for me.

Hydrogen peroxide has a higher chemical energy level than water (which has none,) due to the extra oxygen atom in the molecule. You can pass it over a catalyst, and it will break down into water and free oxygen, releasing a lot of heat as it does. The water is in the form of steam as a result of the heat, and you can make a rocket out of this reaction. In fact, the free oxygen in the rocket exhaust can by utilized by adding normal fuel to the exhaust which will then burn due to the heat and oxygen available. So, having peroxide as an exhaust product isn't going to be a good idea, since you'd have to put all kinds of energy into the system to create the peroxide. You could use peroxide as a fuel source, though, which would be fine, just expensive. And dangerous, since it's such a stong oxidizer in high concentration. (Drugstore peroxide is 3% solution in plain water.)

They use nuclear reactions to heat water in order to use the water to drive steam turbines that turn generators to make electricity. It's just a way to use the heat generated by the nuclear reaction to get something useful, I.E. electricity. Just plain old heat isn't nearly as useful as electricity.

Al
    '87 Wrangler, AX-15 trans, 4.11 gears, small lift, AMC360 mildly built up

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    MC, the copies I have of making this work are printed on both sides, if I get them copied to one side only can I fax it to you to look @.

I can build it & follow the electrical palns w/no problem, I'm just not a Physics Major, the only thing I ask is you keep it to your self for now & maybe later things might develop.

Pre check it because some of the things might be missing which I doubt, but from what I hear, it works.

Thanks,
    RollBar

P.S. The Big 3 don't want it cause they would loose $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. IMO
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    Probably the same reason one of the big oil companies bought the patent to an efficient carb - using it would lower the demand for the high cost fuel we have to buy ...

Popular Mechanics had an article about it a few years ago. They could only get generic since the patented design is not available.

Mudrat.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    The Fish or was it Phish or Fisher carb. The Fish family members still are allowed to make and sell the Carb but not advertise nor solicit sales. So i've heard, saw one about 5 years ago, really simple like 5 moving parts maybe three, was on a 258, guy claimed to have bought it from one of the fish kids directly, claimed great mileage. Urban myth i dont know, i didnt drive it so i cant voutch but i will say that the little fish carb does exist.
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well, I am no rocket scientist, but I do have to bring up the fact that hydrogen fuel s=cell technology has been existant in the space program for over 20 years..I'm not sure of the specifics but as I understand it you use an electrical charge to break the water down and and since hydrogen burns and oxygen is an oxydizer (duhh) I'm not sure where the problem is..Im not saying it will or won't work as described in an engine but I am sure that when used in the fuel cells they make more energy than they consume breaking the water down. since this has been in operation on the shuttle since it's inception and I am aware of one of the japanese car makers developing a hydrogen fuel cell for a car I would say that while using an existing engine might be rather inefficient a purpose built electrical drive could be done..again I have no specifics just relating what I am aware of.

And besides I remember reading somewhere that many of the worlds experts said air was not dense enough to support a heavier than air craft and some very prominant Astronomers and planetary geologists have as recently as 6 months ago stated publically that "No free water could exist on Mars" .

It may not be "Likely" but what the heck it aint gonna cost a life time to try it out and ya might learn something interesting in the process
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

[quote="Mudrat"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rollbar
    I don' t know about that, If some one offered me a car I could run on water or water and gas I'd gladly pay 2 to 3X the normal price. I paid $3000+ to get the shop truck converetd to run on cng (compressed ntural gas).

As for fuel cells they don't use water, they use hydrogen, to make a fuel cell capable of running an electric car costs in the neighborhood of 2 million dollars, and you still have to supply it with hydrogen and redo membranes occasionally.

did you send awy for the plans for free electricity too? you know the ones where you fill the 45 gallon drum with used oil and stick in a couple of strips of metal. yup you just made a big battery and unless you steal the anode and cathodes the juice you get out of it is worth less than the cost.
    I do have a freind that sent for these plans about 5 years ago, was gonna make millions on them, still works 9-5 in the mahine shop.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    The Fish or was it Phish or Fisher carb. The Fish family members still are allowed to make and sell the Carb but not advertise nor solicit sales. So i've heard, saw one about 5 years ago, really simple like 5 moving parts maybe three, was on a 258, guy claimed to have bought it from one of the fish kids directly, claimed great mileage. Urban myth i dont know, i didnt drive it so i cant voutch but i will say that the little fish carb does exist.
    Not sure the MFR since I read it so long ago ... But 50 MPG on a 4-banger was discussed

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Nope I did'nt send for any plans. A friend from Church went to a different country & obtained knowledge/where to ask question & retrieve such info.

I have diagrams; switches; circuits etc. showing the set up.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click