Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Edelbrock Shorty Headers
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edelbrock Shorty Headers

Edelbrock Shorty Headers

Have any of you seen these headers? I have the Hedman Headers now and I'm tired of them leaking. I ordered a set of the Edelbrock Shorty Headers and I'm waiting to get them. I was wondering if any of you guys run the Edelbrock Headers.
    Thanks,
    William Lockridge
    Built AMC 370

Yup we sell about 3 pairs every week. The headers are very nice when you order them without airtubes. Most guys who ordered right when they were available got the ones with air tubes. Edelbrock was slow to inform their warehousers that they could order them without. We now can order them without air tubes tey are a completely different number not on any current price list so if you didnt ask yours will have air tubes

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    IS THERE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN THESE HEADERS COMPARED TO STOCK MANIFOLDS?? WHATS THE ADVANTAGES OR DISADVANTAGES ?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    headers flow better but can cause head warpage and valve warpage in cold climates. They also cause engine bay temps to rise alot. They are light and efficient and with proper car are better than manifolds.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    MC,

What do you charge for the Edelbrock headers without a.i.r. tubes for a 79 CJ-7 V/8?

Thanks!

Do these hook up to your exhaust with standard 3" collectors. I know the exhaust will have to be modified to hook up.
    Has anyone used the flexable exhaust connections?
    Thanks,
    William Lockridge
    Built AMC 370

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    pm me on price

hmm as far as the collector goes...I will have to check on it
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    I could be messed up here, but I thought the shorty headers were direct replacements for the exhaust manifolds.

MC, by the way, while you are checking, could you find out how much you would charge for these headers?

Thanks!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    From the Edelbrock Website
    Shorty Headers For Jeep And AMC
    High-quality Edelbrock Shorty Headers bolt directly to the factory crossover pipe with no cutting or welding required for installation. These high quality shorty headers fit 1972-1991 full size Jeep Cherokee, Wagoneer, J series pickups, 1972-81 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8; and 1970-79 AMC cars including AMX, Javelin, Matador, Rebel, Hornet and Gremlin with 304, 360 or 401 cu in. V8, with A.I.R. Features of these new headers include 1-5/8" diameter cold rolled mild steel tubing; 3/8" thick, laser-cut, robotically welded flanges; and CNC mandrel-bent tubing for superior flow. This is a premium line of headers for outstanding performance and quality. 50-state street legal.

Shorty Headers for 1972-91 Jeep & 1970-79 AMC Part No.
    Nickel-plated finish 6581
    Black painted finish 65810
    Ceramic coated finish 65812
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Well, I don't have the stock exhaust on my CJ7 anymore. I had the Heddman Headers and a custom dual exhaust.
    I was wondering if you could use a standard 3" collector?
    Thanks,
    William Lockridge
    Built AMC 370