Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeeps DONE!!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Gaaakk That is blasphamey, If you think it disturbs you to look at it, just think how that poor humiliated Jeep must feel..oh the shame the horror.Please put it out it's misery!
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    hey goose i'll give ya a choice of some fine artillary.
    1858 remington .44 cal black powder revolver
    desert eagle .50 cal hand held anti aircraft gun
    bennelli 12 gage pump shotgun
    mossburg double barrel shotgun
    winchester 7mm mag rifle
    kalishnikoff ak-47 rifle
    m91/30 russian infantry rifle
    or drop it out of a c-17 (my personal favorite)
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Well I have a .50 Barret on my bench on loan, that would probably do the job, but I'm in favor of the C-17 myself! I never got over that scene in Heavy Metal of a Vette in free fall. (somehow Im guessing the Jeep would be a fold and tumble type unit)

As a sidenote I hope I can find a decent load for this Barret soon I think the nieghbors are getting a little nervous My range is right on the edge of town and this thing is LOUD!!

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    As a sidenote I hope I can find a decent load for this Barret soon I think the nieghbors are getting a little nervous My range is right on the edge of town and this thing is LOUD!!
    Goose, the military match load for a .50 is:
    661 gr FMJ projectile at 2910 fps +-30 fps using 233 gr of WC860 powder.

You'll need to tweak it a bit since each barrel like something just a smidgen different +/- a grain or 2 in bullet weight, and the same for the powder charge ...

Mudrat
    1 pound = 7,000 grain
    661 grain = 1.51 ounces
    Basically 1.5 ounces of copper and lead traveling 1000 yards in just over 1 second - gotta love it!!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Basically 1.5 ounces of copper and lead traveling 1000 yards in just over 1 second - gotta love it!!!!
    You forgot to mention the 240 lb fool behind the trigger accelerating rearward 4" faster than lard and whalebone should be allowed to. and man what an abusive muzzle brake! it is LOUD, the weapon isnt nearly as loud from any pos but the firing pos.

But thanks for the recipe.. I'll work up to it and see where we go (you know I wasn't prepared for this I mount my chrony on a camera tripod and the muzzle blast knocked it over! So now I have a gallon jug of water suspended from the 'pod) But It's all good Someone else is buying the weapon and components and I get to shoot all I can stand! But I do have to say my range is only 950 yds and I do much better with the .50 at 950 than with the .308 at 650 must be bucking the wind better since my weakness is wind dope.

Dirty Harry.