Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
TH400 noise? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TH400 noise?

Thanks lifted, I do kinda both if that makes sense.

Thinking about a TCI or B&M around the 1800-2200 range......nothing too crazy
    AHHHH Crap, what did I break this time?

Mudslingerz.com

Well an update for any interested.

The tranny was plugged from a blow torque convertor, the metal from the fins and some possible aluminum was plugging the valve body. A quick run to my tranny guy fixed this up.

As for the torque conv, I tried many different ideas. Seems a higher stall conver is always smaller, thus not many companys make them to fit the amc flex plate. B&M had a few with two bolt positions but the ones with the right hole pattern was wayyyyyyy to high a speed. talking 2500-3000 rpm here.

So talking with a local tranny supply shop I learned some interesting news. If you want a higher stall 1700-1900 the jaguar th400 stock conv fits into this range.

But what I didn't know is the stock convert for the th400 is in the 1400-1500 rpm range........whish was fine with me.

B&M TC - 300.00 price range
    Stock TC - 70 bucks (who would have guessed)

Now after all this work, I still get the noise LOL

i'm going to try a few tricks to see if I can isolate it. 2 different Dana 20's, new TC and some new th400 clutches......dunno what else to check.

MC I may have to try my stock adaptor, its the only thing I haven't tried to change yet

Mudslingerz.com

Hello,
    If it is a whine type of noise it is the front pump. Either the pump is shot or the tranny is clogged up.

Hope this helps
    Rob

Thanks Rob, but everything on the tranny has been figured out and fixed.

Its more of a "not fully in gear" type of noise I get in 2 high.

I've tried 2 different shifters - normal and "J" style & 2 different transfer cases. I get the noise out of both situations.

I'm about to turn into either a;

A) Alcholoic from the frustration
    or
    B) A Dana 20 / TH400 R&R expert

Being that my little topic is getting popular I'll take this opperturnity to ask where I can get a Dana 20 twin Stick?

Mudslingerz.com

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    purplexing....hmmm I know the adaptors were made extremely carefully paying attention to every measurement. Doesnt make sense...
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I have no doubt your adaptor isn't the problem buddy, just the only thing I haven't changed.

if I can find a twin stick I may try that first.

Who knows I maybe have a crappy shifter and its not fulling popping into 2high.

its a long shot but its a possibility.

So again.......where can I get a twin stick

Mudslingerz.com