Thread: Air Breather on a stock 258

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Air Breather on a stock 258

Well you know on a stock CJ how the oil from the rear port/hole in the valve cover gets sucked up into the air cleaner & the filter gets full of oil after a while...........try this,
    Take the small plastic 90* bend off & go match it up @ your local AZ or Parts store & replace the plastic 90* w/a PCV valve, it keeps the oil out of the filter/carb & you will get better fuel mileage & won't have to change the filter as much.

Just a thought,
    RollBar, aka. Street2Mud
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Wondered why I had 2 PCVs, AND an oil fill spot on the old metal valve cover I turned the fill into a breather/filler and plugged the one 'PCV' hole, the other of course goes to the carb.

I was hoping for a really nifty BT aluminium one with a replaceable filter, bit for 8 bucks. I found a cheezy one at Pep Boys.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    good idea! =D> i will try it. installed a K&N air filter in the eagle. 2 pcv's just might work
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962