Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Questions About Towing CJ with Quadratrac

Thread: Questions About Towing CJ with Quadratrac

Questions About Towing CJ with Quadratrac

I have to tow a 79 CJ with Quadratrac and the optional reduction unit under the seat. The CJ will be towed approximately 400 miles this weekend.

My question is whether it will be okay to tow it with a dolly (two wheels up, two down). I was told that all I needed to do was put tranny in neutral and disengage the reduction unit. What do you guys suggest? I know I would have to disconnect the driveshaft with a Dana 300, but am not very familiar with Quadratrac. It is not running right now, so taking it off the dolly and driving it around a few minutes is not an option.

Suggestions?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    when towing with a automatic transmission you always want the T-case in neutral and the transmission in park. That help?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    & if U don't like that after U get the Jep on a dolly U can disco the rear driveshaft from the pinion & tie it up to the frame or take the whole thing off.

Just my 0.02,
    RollBar
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

For 400 miles I would do as rollbar said and pull the driveshaft.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    with Q trac you'll have to pull the rive shaft otherwise my understanding is even with it in neutral the tcase will try and turn the front driveline and burn itself up
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377