Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Need help w/a Th-400-D-300
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help w/a Th-400-D-300

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Need help w/a Th-400-D-300

I just received a Th-400 w/a torque converter & no flex plate or linkage, I was told it came out of a running J-10 w/a QT behind it. (I will rebuild it).

I have a couple of D-300 & about 3 D-20's.

Question MC & others: What do I need to do & how much will it cost (BT parts) to convert the Th-400 to the D-300 & likewise to the D-20?

Is there any problems w/the front driveshaft in refereance to the pan w/the D-300 or D-20?

The reason I ask is I have a Tf-999 in the frame of the 8 & I like the beef of the Th-400 & looking to see if I can get it done now.

Thanks for the help ,
    RollBar
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    the part BT makes, is for a factory replacement dana 20 adapter to TH400. I believe.

if you dont want to use the quadr-trac t-case I beleive you need a different th400 case. You could probably find out more info here

http://www.novak-adapt.com

as far as the flex plate I have one here, from a 360 and also a flex plate from a tf727 to a 360

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

MC, this should be easy to make.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_134.htm

Paul, how much for the plate?

Also as I recall I may need to change out the shaft to fit the 20 or 300, hummmmm.

RollBar
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Yup, you need to change out the tail shaft, as well as the adapter since it has the "texas" style bolt pattern.

Where do I get the shaft, no pun intended.
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

Advance as well as Novak make decent adapters for the TH400 to D300, both around $400 IIRC

There are also homebrewed versions that use an appropriate o/p shaft from a chevy TH400 with a spud shaft but those require welding shafts near the splines which sounds failure prone to me.

do a search on pirate4x4 for this.

I have the Novak and like it. It also allows clocking of the D300 for additional clearance

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    as far as the flex plate I have one here, from a 360 and also a flex plate from a tf727 to a 360

-Paul
    Do I gather from this my motor is sans flexplate?

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid

-Paul
    Do I gather from this my motor is sans flexplate?

Mudrat
    I forgot about this. Rollbar do you still need the flexplate? Sorry i have so many other projects around the house it slipped my mind

Mud do you need the flexplate for the 727? It is not to late

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Paul,
    Did U ship the flex plate yet, if not I don't need it cause I'm not gonna use the tranny due to the cost right now to get the shaft & adapter for the D-300.

Jim
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep

That was me when i read the post

But no it was not shipped yet.

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi