Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scout D-44's to CJ7

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum
    Well, I got to looking at this thing today, and I figured out how I am going to go about doing this one.
    I am going to take a piece of flat plate and bolt it to the stock spring hanger location, and go outside the frame whatever I need to, and then gusset to the outside of the frame. Sounds simple enough. Oh, and I am going to do a shackle reverse at the same time, but I am just going to swap the mounts to the opposite ends of the springs, so no $ invested outside of some iron.

Oh, by the way, I traded stock CJ springs for a T-18 and D20 today
    Just to make everyone jealous
    79 (mostly) CJ 7 304, T-18, D300 D44s, Spring over lift on 35s

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 79cj7duner
    Thats a great score
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Quote Originally Posted by 79cj7duner
    Well, I got to looking at this thing today, and I figured out how I am going to go about doing this one.
    I am going to take a piece of flat plate and bolt it to the stock spring hanger location, and go outside the frame whatever I need to, and then gusset to the outside of the frame. Sounds simple enough. Oh, and I am going to do a shackle reverse at the same time, but I am just going to swap the mounts to the opposite ends of the springs, so no $ invested outside of some iron.

Where exalty do you live? And pay no attention to the man in your garage at night.....
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

I'm not too worried, my home is protected by a WINCHESTER home security system

When our barn got broken into one time, the sheriff told my dad if anyone came back to shoot them first, then drag them inside and call him.

Well I was goin gto leave you a set of stock springs but now I think I am just gonna grab your T-18.
    I need one for my next project and I really don't want to spend the small fortune it is going to take.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Penguin, we are gonna have to hook up and go wheelin sometime, say silver lake in July? Where do you usually wheel in MI? I have a summer house in Montague (little bit north of muskegon). I need to find some good spots to wheel, other than silver lake.