Thread: T-18 to D 300-watch product Ideas

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum

T-18 to D 300-watch product Ideas

hey all, I am trying to conjure up a way to get MC to build a cheap (less than $500 advance rapes for) T-18 to D 300 adapter. we may need some input from others before it's all said and done, so watch the product Ideas section.
    79 (mostly) CJ 7 304, T-18, D300 D44s, Spring over lift on 35s

Sounds like a winner to me
    Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    There was a company called Rock Hard here in Colorado that was supposedly building a T18/300 adapter that was only 1/4" thicker than the model 20 adapter. I talked to him and he had all the drawings made, but hadn't machined it yet. I wanted to prototype it for him.

It used a Jeep 300 t-case, but needed a Scout 300 bull gear (now made from unobtainium). It eliminated the splined input shaft.

My personal feeling is if you need the low gears, and you aren't running over about 350 HP and 35" tires, go with the Tera-flex 3.15 gear set for the model 20. It may be cheaper and easier in the long run, since with most adapters you need to have both driveshafts modified anyway.

I went with a Scout 300 because I found one for $475, and that was before the Tera-flex gears were available. If I were to do it again, I'd do the 3.15 gearset.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford