Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
304 to 727

Thread: 304 to 727

304 to 727

Wondering what parts I would need to put a 727 behind my 304. What flexplate and torque converter would I use?
    '97 TJ

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    You just need to get a kick down cable, shifter, and flexplate. Call up the kids over at Performance Am Style:

http://performanceamstyle.com/Cart/c...149c9&divi=amc

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    you would need a Flex Plate specifically for a 304, that bolts up to the 727, sometimes you could redrill one to work, but it needs to be for a 304. As far as teh converter that would be 727 specific

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum
    I have a flexplate for a 304 if you're interested. I don't know what trans it was, but it came from a Javelin. If you have a manual trans flywheel, I would trade you straight up. as far as selling it straight out, I don't really know what it's worth. I would really like to swap for a flywheel if you have one. PM me.
    79 (mostly) CJ 7 304, T-18, D300 D44s, Spring over lift on 35s

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call.
    '97 TJ

I guess I should have given a little more info. All AMC V8's are balanced differently - so make sure you have the 304 flexplate. I used a kickdown cable from Lokar and a B&M Megasshifter. Don't forget that you will need a cooler if your radiator doesn't have provisions for one. The rest is pretty simple. You might also have to alter your driveshaft lengths as well. Let me know if you need help....

Is that a universal kickdown from Lokar?
    '97 TJ

Yup, it was a universal 727 kickdown cable. Ordered it from Summit for like $40 a few years back. Really neat item - braided stainless steel line, etc.