Thread: Got any circle track fans?

Got any circle track fans?

I,ve had Amc's since 63 when my brother told me I could have his if I could get it home, been addicted every since. I've been a body man for over 30 years and have always done my own mechanical work. I've been helping a local team that races circle track, mostly asphault, since 90 and started racing myself in 98, got my first win after I turned 50, but in a Chevy. I'm now building a 70 Hornet with a 360, Ford 9in. rear, have the roll cage and fuel cell in and am on the engine now. I know as this project goes along I'm going to be asking a lot of questions so I would appreciate any advice anybody on this forum can give me.
    82 J10, 360, tow vehicle, 70 Hornet 360 circle track car in the works

Bulltear forum member Swabie

AMX Circle tracker

I just got back a car that I had 20 years ago. It's a 1970 AMX that saw SCCA racing in 1970, 71, and 82. It's got a full cage, momster flares, fuel cell and a roller cammed 390 with cross ram. I street drove / raced this car in 1985 to 1986.
    SPEED COSTS MONEY, HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

I've been building this car for years, keep getting sidetracked into something else. Driving somebody else's car plus helping another guy who races both a late model and a street stock, I've got a, gasp, Nissan 240sx that is always up front in it's class, plus teaching a Racing 101 class that the track drafted me into doing. This ole guy ain't got a lot of spare time. This winter I'm going to finish this Hornet, unless another tree falls thru my garage roof.
    82 J10, 360, tow vehicle, 70 Hornet 360 circle track car in the works

You'll have to keep us all posted as to how the Hornet turns out. I love the thought of an AMC, especially a Hornet, kickin' butt on the roundy rounds. =D>
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

How did you do finding shocks? Carrera used to make them, but I can't find them anywhere anymore. I am converting a SX4 into 2wd (Spirit), and throwing a 360 in it to go racing here. Our racing is called auto moto-xross, cross between dirt track, enduro, and off-road, excpet we tamed the jumps way down. I used to race a 68 Javelin for this, before I knew anything at all, wish I had that car back. I used to run a street stock, used a Dodge Aspen for awhile, you don't get parts so easy or cheap, especially chassis parts, but the fan following when you don't run a Chevy/Ford is neat. Good luck, and if I can help let me know...
    "He'll squish you like a pea! What do you wanna be, soup?" -my 5 year old daughter