Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
yj springs on a cj

Thread: yj springs on a cj

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum

yj springs on a cj

anybody done this what exactly does this take ? heard it could be a smoother ride from longer leafs?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    i dont know if you will get that much smoother. The front springs are a little longer, the rears are the same.

In order to bolt them in, you either need to get the rear spring hanger and bolt it on the front, or a conversion shackle that has a taper to go from 2.5" spring width to 2" hanger width. For the rigid mount you just use teh YJ bushings.

You also need wider spring plates, and probably should use a wider spring perch as well too.

Like i said, It is not a lot of work, but i am not sure how much you will get out of it

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    FYI, Yes the YJ springs ride better than the CJ, but they warp easier if you are runninng a good amount of HP. Also, they have about an inch less lift stock vs stock. They are great for spring overs in CJ's - just make sure to use a traction bar so you don't warp the snot out of them.