Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
258 for sale

Thread: 258 for sale

Bulltear forum member Cook

258 for sale

258 for sale. complete engine from flywheel up minus carb. Don't know much about engine history bought the jeep without tranny and transfer case so have never driven it. Engine will start and runs not great though I think mostly due to the carb . Would be glad to show to anyone interested. located in Virginia Beach, VA

Larger Pics

http://members.cox.net/csterne2/125-2600_IMG.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/csterne2/126-2601_IMG.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Welcome Chris! Where in the beach do you live? I'm over on 15th street at the oceanfront.....

Hey Lifted79CJ7,

Thanks for the welcome! I live up in the Kings Grant/North Lynnhaven area.
    Good to see someone nearby.

Hi Chris - there are a few of us here

Was this an Auto or manual tranny? Any major leaks or problems?
    Is it in or out of the Jeep? How much??

Mudrat
    In Newport News ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hey Mudrat,

Ah, another one nearby! The engine is in the jeep, but does not have a tranny in it. It has a flywheel so I am assuming it had a manual. I bought the jeep with the engine but no tranny/transfer case.
    I do not know the history of the engine. I doesn't look like it is leaking anything. It appears that there was a carb fire at sometime, scorced the hood. The engine looks to be in good shape. I popped my bellhousing and starter on it and got it to start up. It runs rough but I think most of that is due to the carb, it just struggles to pull fuel and the bowl doesn't want to stay full. Vacuum lines were all over the place I kinda rigged up what I could figure out. I don't want to spend any time on this because I have a 360 I am trying to get back together. I looking for $150.00 OBO. If there is anything else you would like to know, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    It appears that there was a carb fire at sometime, scorced the hood. The engine looks to be in good shape. I popped my bellhousing and starter on it and got it to start up. It runs rough but I think most of that is due to the carb, it just struggles to pull fuel and the bowl doesn't want to stay full. Vacuum lines were all over the place I kinda rigged up what I could figure out. I don't want to spend any time on this because I have a 360 I am trying to get back together. I looking for $150.00 OBO. If there is anything else you would like to know, just let me know.
    Yeah the underhood fires seem to be comon, the last 2 I've had were scorched. Not to worried about the carb either.
    What year is this one and how many miles on the clock? It's just a rough guess on the milage on the motor.
    And I feel your need to finish the 360, I've got one for my CJ I'm trying to get done too. The 258 is for my daughters YJ

PM me your addy and phone number and a good time to stop by for look-see.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

SOLD